Sword Styles and Left handed combat

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Jouten, Apr 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jouten

Jouten Avatar

Or any combat style for that matter. I want to know if there will be different variations of how weapons handled. Will, say for instance, I go to a school of training where the stances and styles they teach are more about aggression than defensive, will I have a more aggressive looking stance with my sword held high? If I go to a school where they focus more defensively, will I hold my sword closer to my chest?

Granted we don't even know how the skill trees work let alone the entire concept of their combat, but I just thought it would help with the individuality of things. If say I go off against somebody who's generally using the same weapon and gear, at the very least we'd be different based on how we approach swordplay.

Also, even though I am not one, could we at least have left handed animations?

This is just a thought.

2. Ser Alain

Ser Alain Avatar

Fully support the above.

Since LB insist on our character being our alter ego, and as I am a "leftie", it would be nice to see a game that actually cater to us amongst other things. :)

3. Jouten

Jouten Avatar

Yeah...what Montesquieu Paine said.... "honestly that flew over my head during the first read..."

Anyway, I am still hoping for more variety of sword styles as well. I don't want everybody who uses the same sword type to be doing the exact same swing, but I can see how animating a variety of moves will be a pain in the butt and cost a lot. Hopefully this is where the community submissions can come in and help!

4. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

I am hoping that it will be possible to equip hand held items in whatever hand we please. A number of other games allow it anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.