Synchronized Uniform Buff Durations

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Kelanor, Jul 29, 2023.

1. Kelanor

Kelanor Avatar

Buff durations are all over the place. I would love to see a more streamlined and synchronized set of buff durations. Sure there will be margin of error for attunement/skill/etc. but having some buffs last 1 minute, some lasting 2 minutes, some lasting 5 minutes, some lasting 15 minutes, some lasting an hour. would be nice if it was more uniform.

2. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

When the duration of a skill/spell buff depens on your personal skill level, how can that be uniform? It would be different length for anyone of different skill - or using gear that influences that skill/spell.

3. Kelanor

Kelanor Avatar

The base duration and scaling of bonus time is drastically different from skill to skill. That is the issue I am speaking of. Sure they are are going to be different based on skill levels and attunements. But the severity of the scaling differences and base times is very drastic. Like i mentioned above. Examples that affect me personally (All Level 100 skills): Glancing Blow 2mins10secs, inner strength 6mins4secs, provoking shout 52secs, deflect 1min24secs, Light 17mins7secs, Strength of Earth 55mins50secs, Shield of Crystal 10mins14secs, Earth's Embrace 5mins7secs, Defensive Stance 2mins, Frenzy 30secs.

Every skill i listed i have at level 100. Granted Attunement should fluctuate these numbers some, but for my durations to be anywhere from 30 seconds to 55 minutes, That's a crazy level of unsynchronized timers where in my circumstance all these skills are the same level I feel like they could be much more uniform in their length if they are all the same level.

4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Some do make sense. You canĀ“t keep up a "provoking shout" for more than a minute without being a specialized opera singer.

But even if the base duration would be made more uniform - in the end, based on personal skill, personal equipment and personal attunement they would still have vastly varying durations.

5. Scanphor

Scanphor Avatar

The game's combat has clearly been balanced around varying short/long durations and other than it offends your sense of order not really seeing an actual reason to mess with it...

@ConjurerDragon is correct in that with so many of them being dependent on skill levels, spec levels, what level they are stacked to etc etc any attempt at uniformity is doomed to failure anyway

btw if you haven't installed it I pretty much view BMS as a must have LUA script for keeping track Buff Monitor System | Shroud of the Avatar Forum

Anpu likes this.