Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Tame Creature Bug?

Discussion in 'Release 34 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Grimbone, Oct 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

10/3/2016 1:39 PM
    Title: Tame Creature Bug
    Reproduction Rate: See below
    Blocker? no
    Details: See below
    Steps to Reproduce: See below
    User Specs:
    CPU: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor (8) System RAM: 16285
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4058
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.485.Date.10.02.16
    Area: Novia_R3_City_Brittany
    Loc: (-52.6, 29.2, 46.9)

I was at the stables in Central Brittany and saw a White Horse named "Blanket Horse" which I was able to tame. This is the first time I have seen this horse and thought White horses were only available once through the addon store. The horse respawns so if this is a bug it is repeatable.

I also was able to tame the Calico Cat and the Orange Tabby Cat which were untamable. Unless there was a fix for these cats, they now seem to be able to be tamed. If this is also a bug this is repeatable.

Lastly, I also tamed a Palomino Horse that was at the stables. After I tamed the Palomino Horse it went to my collar as a Bay Horse. I then summoned the Palomino Horse to test if the correct horse went in the collars and I summoned a bay horse and not the tamed Palomino Horse. I waited for the horses to respawn and tamed another Palomino Horse and the same issue happened, it went into my collar as a Bay Horse.

Now, I let the horses spawn 1 more time and again a Palomino Horse spawned. This time upon taming the horse it went to my collar as a Bay Horse but to my surprise the horse did not disappear after I had tamed it and started to attack me. I ran away from the horse to lose agrro, returned and attempted to tame the Palomino Horse again and the same thing happened, the horse went to collar as a Bay Horse, the horse did not disappear and attacked me. I killed the horse and I was not able to replicate this last bug again.

2. Scrambler

Scrambler Developer Emeritus

Thanks for the bug report. You may now tame the horses and cats.

I found the strange issue with the horse, and have a fix for the next patch, 490.

Grimbone, Raven Swiftbow and moko like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.