Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Tamed Pet targeting issues and AI

Discussion in 'Combat, Skills, & Magic' started by benhat, Oct 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benhat

benhat Avatar

Hi,
    this is not Release dependend, hope this fits here.
    (i refer to tamed creatures as pets)

Pet Targeting Issues
    If you do not have a target and you use a pet skill (for example heal pet) it will target the nearest pet. That means it takes another players pet by chance. I think it is a good thing that you can heal/buff other pets (!), but if there is no specific pet targeted it should always prioritize the own pet.

Pet AI Issues
    After the pet runs in front and attacks an enemy and the enemy dies, the pet stands still until the player begins to move, then the pet moves again too.
    This may be a reasoning in the AI, but it can be VERY annoying in situations when you are for example a caster and are in "Spellbinder Stance" in a group and you can't move because the stance will fall off.
    Combine this with the popular "Upper Tears" and you have your typical "Pets in front and annoy everyone because they stop coming back and get stuck and just attack everything new that spawns and the new spawns get stuck in the back... unless the player moves and breaks his spellbinder stance, or... player is not even aware of this AI thing and we just get going with annoying stuck spawns in front unless people dismiss their pet and resummon them" *breath*

2. Lockey2

Lockey2 Avatar

Mine the pet doesn't move unless I tell it to attack. Otherwise it just stands there. I can hit Teleport, but that is an inefficient solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.