Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Tamed Pets and Focus Penalty

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Andrew Silverston, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Hi Devs. Please decrease the penalty on focus from having a pet out.

- This is not a complaint about summoning and pets changes. -

You have made them pretty much useless, they die in 3 hits and deal maybe 4 damage, if they don't miss. My summon skill is 65 and Combat Ready 35.
    If you plan to keep summons so useless, please remove the penalty to our focus, otherwise this change just kills tamer business ( I am not a tamer). Nobody will buy tamed pets, if in addition to pet nerf, they will also have an awful focus penalty. Considering pets were about 100% help before, and 10% now, Please adjust the focus penalty accordingly, since there is no advantage at this point to having a pet out, which means we need more focus to defeat the enemy.

Pets nerfed - focus penalty the same = unbalanced.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  2. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

What you mean to say is "Tamed Pets and Focus". Don't try and trick us into thinking Summons, as in Mage Summons, as in not tamed pets, as in ..... umm....you get it. o_O

3. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

Admittedly, I have yet to try taming as I haven't advanced to the point where I've acquired silver.

But I would do the opposite. Focus is the piece of "zero sumness" which checks the power of weapons vs armor vs magic. You can build any class you like, but it's your focus pool which ultimately determines how much you can juggle at once. Opting for say robes, a wand, and few spells gives you the room to effectively control the most powerful of creatures.

Again, I'm sure it's far, far from balanced. But I believe this is the right direction.

4. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Yes sorry for confusion, that's what I meant. Can't change the title now :(.

5. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

[​IMG]

6. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Sorry PrimeRib, you probably don't understand what I mean. It is in NO WAY right direction. You see, before, when pets where like another player, we didn't need as much focus to kill enemy, since pet was doing 50% of job, if not 100%, in case of some powerful pets. So focu penalty (half), was understandable. Now, pets are maybe 10% of what they used to be as far as helping goes, they deal very little damage and there is very little difference to have them out or not. I think they just forgot that summoning pet puts a focus penalty. If you had a summon, you'd know what I mean. Having half of your focus gone just to have like a none-combat pet out, just doesn't make sense. And tamed pets now feel more like none-combat pets, they can't tank any more, neither they can deal any significant DPS. So they need to adjust focus penalty accordingly to the tamed pet and summoning changes.

7. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I understand fine. As I said, it isn't balanced. Perhaps the drain needs to be lower and the pet stronger. But coming out of the focus pool is the right direction.

8. Deiniak

Deiniak Avatar

i dont find the focus drain so high
    56 drained focus on 347 for a large red spider with only 30 in the skill is not bad at all
    Unless it is scaled with the crature max lvl now

9. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

@Andrew Silverston Actually you can change the title. Should see a link at the top right of the thread called "Thread Tools" hoever over it and when it drops down select "Edit Title".

In your defense though Chris and Starr both called it summoning a pet repeatedly in the telethon. They really should state it as "calling" so it doesn't sound magical.

10. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

My focus is 314, if I summon Red Large Spider, with 65 summoning skill, focus is 217, and ot goes down faster too. there seems to be focus regen penalty as well, when pet is called.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  11. Andrew Silverston

Andrew Silverston Avatar

Thank you! Changed the title.

Bluefire likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.