Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Taming/pets

Discussion in 'Release 41 Feedback Forum' started by JamesKrieg, Apr 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JamesKrieg

JamesKrieg Avatar

just a few notes from a ranged player with taming. trying out the pets today and will say that the speed increase is great. Nice to see the pets keeping up with me now as i run around the scenes.

I will note, obsidian wolfs/bears that i tested while i'm ranged shooting a mob and walking backwards as to keep my personal damage to a minimal I'm watching the pet and the pet will attack the mob just fine and as soon as it hits the mob it stops for 2 secs then runs to catch up to the mob and repeats. It does however eventually catch up and attacks again but then stops pauses and begins the cycle over. I do not know if that is intentional on the SUCKIT TAMERS fix but this may not be the case for other play styles. Again this is just my experiences as a ranged tamer.

The Ferocious red spider although runs slower than the other pets does engage mobs and i will say from the testing i've done so far it seems to spit webs and root the mobs more often that it originally did which is great for ranged attacks. I do not know if it pauses like the other pets because of its roots it seems to be Johnny on the spot while fighting the mobs.

Renaming pets does not work, the window will not allow you to hit submit or cancel or close the window..

Pet _Damage and healing? so far pet damage is fine and even though -pets take a little more damage, it seems fine.

this is just my 2 cents worth from what i've seen so far. -

Numa and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

How are you finding the Aggro part, where if you heal your pet, or shoot the mob even 1 time, your pet cant get the aggro off?
    Any chance that got adjusted?

3. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that did get adjusted, deliberately, in R39.

Numa likes this.
  4. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Right.. and this change makes the pets not worth running. Even with the changes *testing right now*.
    Whats the point of running a pet, if you
    A - See the mob first, he cant pull it off you
    B - Shoot the mob once, anytime during the fight, it aggros you and he cant pull it off you.
    C - You cast even 1 heal on him, and all the aggros goes to you and he cant pull it off you.

Still a waste of EXP if you try to do things your level.

Speed is much better, the dmg is about where it should be. But they sure still die in 4-5 hits to yellows my level, and the aggro makes them not worth the focuse cost still.

The DMG is quite a bit better, which is nice. (feel its right about where its at, with what im finding)

What it comes down to, is your talking about 3-4 GMS on this pet, to watch him kill greens, unable to help or heal him. Instead of using any other 3-4 GMS to kill the pet and move on in 1/4 the speed.

The changes are in the right direction, but with the aggro the way it is, its still not worth using them over the focuse cost.

( 121 Taming, 100 Collar recov, 101 summoning, 100 combat passive, 96 the rest of the passives )
    Running Obsid bear test vs skelis
    Running Fero red test Vs bandits.

Edit - I understand that its sustained DPS even if the mob is on you, but im saying its not worth the max focus cost and the cut into focuse regen still, to run the pet. Over using other skills for that focuse cost.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2017
    Numa likes this.
  5. Baene Thorrstad

Baene Thorrstad Avatar

O
    For tanking it is of great benefit. Anything that increases agro for me is vastly important. I can see that they change does remove much of what pets were used for previously, but it adds new situations that I will certainly be taking advantage of.

Numa, Duke Gréagóir and Alley Oop like this.
  6. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Curious why you would run a pet that not only takes 200+ focuse out of your max, but cuts your focuse regen to generate aggro, instead of just using the Taunt skill?

Even still, that means its good for shield tanks.. and useless for archers / mages. =/

Numa and Chatele like this.
  7. Baene Thorrstad

Baene Thorrstad Avatar

We will see if do continue to do so with the changes to Taunt in this release. Up until now, Taunt was really more of a detriment to holding agro than a benefit. We will see where thing end up after testing with this release, but it is still a very tempting scenario, as it is agro that I do not have to actively generate.

MrBlight likes this.
  8. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

True.
    I just dont get the logic behind the current mechanic.

I can have a buddy heal me 10x, and not pull aggro. Yet my spider can take a mob to 10% life left, 1 pet heal on him and the mob goes after me?

Chatele likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.