Tank Build @ Level 60

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Matterio, Jan 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matterio

Matterio Avatar

I noticed there was a lack of builds being posted. So I'd like to introduce a build that can begin at any level, just be sure to apply your points across the board so you are not stretched too thin. At L55 I was able to 2 man the challenge dungeon in Braemar.

[​IMG]

I will do my best to explain the make and tactics used to maximize this build. First my bar setup.

The red box are my locked glyphs. I use Knight's Grace specifically for the Lich room and to break out of their stun. 20 points Strength of Earth because why not? Finally Coup De Grace because hitting a target and getting a free double damage is a requirement for any good tank!

[​IMG]

COMBAT

[​IMG]
    Blades (154)
    - lev 5 thrust
    - lev 5 parry
    - lev 5 double slash
    - lev 5 vital points
    - lev 5 riposte
    - lev 3 rend
    - lev 5 blade speed
    - lev 5 whirling blades
    - lev 1 coup de grace

[​IMG]
    Heavy Armour (83)
    - lev 3 body slam
    - lev 3 glancing blow
    - lev 5 inner strength
    - lev 3 deflection
    - lev 1 hard headed
    - lev 6 endurance
    - lev 3 absorb impacts
    - lev 1 knight's grace

[​IMG]
    Tactics (61)
    - lev 3 healthy
    - lev 20 train strength
    - lev 6 dexterity
    - lev 1 reckless stance

MAGIC

Air (1)
    - lev 1 Gust

[​IMG]
    Earth (52)
    - lev 3 stone fist
    - lev 2 strength of earth
    - lev 5 attunement with earth
    - lev 5 sympathy of stone

[​IMG]
    Focus (87)
    - lev 7 heightened awareness
    - lev 5 higher conciousness
    - lev 19 train intelligence
    - lev 3 eidetic memory
    - lev 5 concentration
    - lev 3 mental reflex

[​IMG]
    Life (5)
    - lev 3 healing touch
    - lev 1 healing ray

Sun (1)
    -lev 1 light

The thing you need to consider with this build is using a custom deck. I have points within Focus and specifically Eidetic Memory so that I have 3 available locked glyphs on hand. This is critical in this build. Also, you need to ensure your Draw Speed is Fast and Discard Speed is Very Slow. I could add another point in Mental Reflex but in my opinion, Fast is optimal. Also, when it comes to making combos, the discard speed is more important so you can get 3+ cards stacked. This is where the magic of this build comes into play. Stacking cards nullifies the focus to use the stacked cards.

Opening: I tend to stack my Parry, Risposte as quick as possible. Even if you don't stack off the bat, you need to mitigate damage as a tank and quick! This assists the healer and anyone else that may assist in healing.

Aggro: The 'taunt' spell is broken, it does not work and if it does, it is severely flawed. *Sorry Devs, just my testing at this point*. So to get aggro, you need to body pull or use Whirling Blades.

Stand your ground: This isn't a spell reference but more of a tactic in general. Plant yourself against a wall or surface so nothing gets behind you. This will save your hide and will make your healers happy! Also, tab target, don't click on the enemy unless you have to.

Combo Use: You can click and drag with your mouse of get your fingers stronger and press 'R' and the skill you want to stack. It doesn't have even highlight as a combo for you to stack. I.E. Whirling Blade x4 is possible and amazing and costs ZERO focus.

Enjoy this build, I'd say this build can start at around L20. Just start with getting your blades and heavy skills filled as a priority. I hope this helps and reply here with any questions or feedback.

2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

THANKYOU... been trying to get people to do that for a month lol.

3. Matterio

Matterio Avatar

Thanks for the reply Themo. You made a great Knight guide!

Themo Lock likes this.
  4. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Thank you for the info on your Tank build. I've always managed to get stuck on the Liche room in the Braemar dungeon run. Thanks to you, I finally completed it. Your suggestion of using Knights grace and having ones back to a corner so that you don't get hit from behind was a huge help. It is still, the toughest level in the dungeon run and my character almost got killed several times.

tazntaylr, Themo Lock and Matterio like this.
  5. Matterio

Matterio Avatar

Alexander,

We're in this together. I have no issue sharing the knowledge and helping other players!

tazntaylr, Themo Lock and Alexander like this.
  6. Irongron

Irongron Avatar

Thanks for sharing this, been using it and it's worked great so far.

tazntaylr likes this.
  7. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

I am going to wait till closer to release. I made a similar build and yes you can take ur heart out.

Lord Lonn likes this.
  8. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

Nice!!;)

Arianna likes this.
  9. yourblondeness

yourblondeness Avatar

Switched to this build yesterday and already I see the difference. Dealing more damage and taking quite a beating without dying. I love using the great sword vs the axe I had been using. I am only level 51, yesterday at level 50, immediately after switching to this build, I managed to get through 80% of the Braemar dungeon with a brand new player before we both died. Not quite as good as Matterio, but I was pretty impressed with that result.

Matterio - can you recommend anything to increase aggro on my toon? I have noticed enemies just run away from me, I can't seem to gather aggro at all.

Lord Lonn likes this.
  10. Matterio

Matterio Avatar

In this release, the skill Taunt is suppose to add more aggro but in my opinion it is not working as intended. What I tend to do is hit, tab, hit tab on the enemy and repeat until I have enough mobs on me. I use Whirling Blade as my primary multiple target skill. As a secondary multi-mob skill, use Rend as it will provide a DoT on your target.

Goodluck and thank you for using the build!

Lord Lonn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.