Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Targeting bug reported in R34 has NOT yet been addressed.

Discussion in 'Release 35 Bug Forum' started by FrostII, Nov 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

According to the R34 instructions :
    On Oct 12th, @Vaclav reported that "Next Target" was NOT beginning with the CLOSEST target - but rather the FARTHEST target. That bug report is here.

On Oct 17th, @Themo Lock responded:
    Now, it AMAZES me that the fact that "Next Target" is working EXACTLY OPPOSITE of what it is supposed to do, which is to BEGIN WITH THE CLOSEST TARGET AND MOVE OUTWARD - has neither been acknowledged as unintended nor fixed - which is beyond belief.

I am hereby, ONCE AGAIN, reporting that "Next Target" BEGINS AT THE FARTHEST TARGET AND MOVES INWARD.

Not sure how to make that any clearer......

If you can't reproduce this "in house", then I will go to the bother of making a video for you.
    But then - if you can't reproduce this "in house" - then there's no hope....

Please fix this ridiculous bug ! :mad:

@DarkStarr @Lord British

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    Gamician and margaritte like this.
  2. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Its reproduced, i hate it also. We just have to wait for it to make it up the list, but i will go annoy Chris about it again.

FrostII likes this.
  3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

GD @Themo Lock - how the hell can Next Target working OPPOSITE of what it's supposed to - FOR EVERYBODY FIGHTING - NOT be HIGHEST on @Chris 's list ?

I mean, most EVERYBODY fights stuff every day, and not being able to bring up the mob that's 3 inches from my face with Next Target is beyond annoying...

I can change my camera angle and double click - and still can't get the health bar of what's in my face.

Hey Chris..... please fix this silliness....

I've got things to kill and this ain't right.

4. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Well not the highest but yeah it's important. List includes stuff like critical errors, fraud, exploits, non functional skills, crit applying wrong, packet spam etc (he works on more than combat balance).

5. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

I understand, but this effects everybody that's fighting ( and how many aren't - certainly everybody I know is ).

Yes, the exploits and critical errors are important - but this bug should be pretty easy to "reverse" ( Farthest to Closest = NO ------- Closest to Farthest = YES ) and it effects most all of the backer base - we who are here daily helping/hoping to improve on what SotA becomes.

P.S. There are a jillion things that I love about our SotA right now, but first you need to fix my combat (which is 90% of what I do) and then I'll go out and brag about all the things you've done that I love...

Deal ?

I mean.... C'mon man !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.