Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Targeting...

Discussion in 'Release 42 Feedback Forum' started by Thwip, May 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

...is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:eek::D:D:):):D:):D:):D:):):):D:D:):D:):D:):D:D:D:):)
    Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you so much thank you thank you thank you!!!

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

I like it too. :)

Thwip likes this.
  3. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

What are you seeing, on Linux I am now getting an almost red reticle when out of range changing to a red one. I can barely tell the difference without staring and I'm pretty sure it isn't properly reflecting my range increases.

zyxe and Chatele like this.
  4. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

I can finally select a target.

I feel like crying tears of joy and happiness :D:);):eek::)

liz_the_wiz likes this.
  5. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

I hate the fact that when you target a mob, the name of it turns red..... Really would prefer another color for locked on targets, and not red, which makes me think of boss mobs .... Maybe make the name of the locked on target change its color darker, if it cons yellow, then just make it's name dark yellow when locked on it ..... or something similar ...... and tabbing all the mobs shows their name as red..... confuses me, I don't know what lvl I am fighting...... ex: If the mob cons green, keep his name green, when targeted his name is darker green, or green with a red outline around his name ....

Aldo and Thwip like this.
  6. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Just tried the update, and I really love the target color changes, it's pretty close to what I suggested ..... good job, love it ....

Thwip likes this.
  7. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

I know right? Good job! I like how it highlights their health bar and pulsates too.

Mostly though I am soo so so happy that I can select a target. The pain is over.

Chatele likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

The text of the mob that you're currently shooting turns red and if you select a mob using the tab key or doubling clicking it, the text is outlined. This totally allowed me to get rid of the reticle above my head, which was completely worthless.

9. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

How are people getting a hard target? My TAB key just toggles the cursor on/off. I use the 'R' key for Next Target but it just selects the active target as before. As an archer I'm still randomly losing my selected target or shooting random animals/monsters in my field of view with another target selected. I'm not seeing any improvement from the last release. :confused:

10. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

Oh my, that sucks. Should work with the "G" key, that's the default for cycling through targets. Or you can double-click the one you want.
    Then run about, jump, turn around, do flips - and when you reface your selected enemy, it will still be selected. A warm feeling of peace will flood over you as you realize that you can now perform the most basic, basic function of targeting - selecting a target.

Scraps MacMutt likes this.
  11. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

Thanks! I'll try it again with the 'G' key, although my 'R' key (bound to Next Target) was allowing me to select a target so I'm not sure how the G key will be an improvement. :)

12. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

The problem with the is that Locked and out of ranges is about two shades lighter than Locked and in range. At least in R41 out of range was white, now it is pink.

13. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

Sorry, I still don't see any changes to targeting this release...at least not as far as being able to just select a target. That had already been working for me in previous releases with the Next Target keybind, whether you have that bound to TAB or G or whatever (I have it bound to the R key).

I still lose my selected target and shoot random things that aren't targeted, just as before, so not really seeing any huge improvements to keeping a target locked or hitting what I have targeted instead of random stuff. :(

Chatele likes this.
  14. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

Wow, not good... Hey did you try just double clicking on an enemy? Maybe thats what works, I will try in a second when I get the patch download.

15. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

@Scraps MacMutt some of the changes are subtle in a way,but for example, if your locked target moves behind something else, or, slightly out of range or behind a tree, you should remain on that target, I think ranged attackers notice it more than close up melee would, because you'd be chasing it about.. But you should be able now to pick a target, and when locked, it should stay your target.

Thwip likes this.
  16. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

That is definitely not happening for me. I'm having the exact same issues as previous releases with constantly losing my selected target and shooting random targets when I do have a selected target.

17. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

Yes, this is how it is working, good post.
    @Scraps MacMutt If your selected target is out of range and you attack, you will still attack, but the system then has to pick a target for you, which is absolutely necessary for melee.

*The key is that when you lock a target, that target remains locked no matter what, and when you get back in range you again attack your locked target.* <----=This is soo important, and it was not always working that way.

18. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

Wow, I don't know what to say, that's horrible, and that's not how it is supposed to be working.:( It is not doing that to me anymore.

19. Scraps MacMutt

Scraps MacMutt Avatar

Was there a targeting fix in R42 or any of the subsequent patches? I checked the R42 instructions and didn't see it mentioned. Can someone point me to the notes that confirms a fix for target lock was made?

20. liz_the_wiz

liz_the_wiz Avatar

Actually you're right its not mentioned... but it was in Chris' talk one week and it is different (for most of us)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.