Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Task Reset Not Working

Discussion in 'Quests, Conversations, & NPC's' started by kaeshiva, Mar 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

3/3/2018 3:36 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate: Task Reset Not Working
    Blocker? Ish
    Details:
    I have fragments of quests dating back to a month after persistence in my quest journal. All of these items have been completed but remain in the task log. This did not bother me so much until I had to manually click all these items off the screen to 'hide' them every single time I login. Having confirmed that every single task in my book is now complete, I sought out a town crier to do a reset.

I have searched these forums in vain to find the correct magic words for this; I've tried Town Criers in Etceter, Aerie, Braemar, Soltown, Desolis - none of them have this option at all, and if I say 'reset my current task list' I get a generic response, i.e. "Is that so? If you are seeking glory or work...."

I don't want to reset my quests, I just want to clear all the quests I've already completed from my active task journal and believe I am doing this correctly, so I believe the mechanism for the list clearing is bugged somehow. Thank you.

Steps to Reproduce:
    Go to town crier, ask nicely and watch option not come up.
    User Specs:
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.743.Date.03.01.18
    Area: Novia_R4_City_Desolis
    Area Display Name: Desolis
    Loc: (-297.1, 117.9, -118.3)
    Debug: Tm92aWFfUjRfQ2l0eV9EZXNvbGlzfHwoLTI5Ny4wNjIsIDExNy44NjYsIC0xMTguMjY1KXwoMCwgLTAuNjA4LCAwLCAwLjc5NCl8MjMuNzg2fDI2LjE1MTMyfDEyLjEzODkz

2. TranZdog

TranZdog Avatar

3/3/2018 12:33 PM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8) System RAM: 16333
    GPU: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 Fury Series GPU RAM: 4071
    SotA.EarlyAccess.LIVE.Win.64.743.Date.03.01.18
    Area: KoboldBattleCamp2/Quest
    Area Display Name: Kobold Expeditionary Camp
    Loc: (53.2, 40.1, 63.1)
    Debug: S29ib2xkQmF0dGxlQ2FtcDJ8UXVlc3R8KDUzLjIzOSwgNDAuMDksIDYzLjA2MSl8KDAsIDAuOTg1LCAwLCAwLjE3Myl8MTY4LjA3MDR8MjQuMDI0NzZ8OC4zMDUwNTI=

Me too---- I saved this guy and finished the quest line. But the quest is still active here and all the Kobolds are still no-aggressive to me... and thats not fun at all......

3. Xarras

Xarras Avatar

Got several finished parts of the main quests still in my journal. I don't know if it's these that are interfering with my completion of the Shroud quests.
    Even though Grannus has told me to go to britainnia it's not showing in my list and yet the list still says I should go to Highvale, Travel to Estgard and deliver Mara's warrant to Ferig.

4. Echondas

Echondas Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Lexie - I was trying to find a town crier to reset my current tasks, but I do not see that option on any town criers (I have tried several) - I don't see anything in the release notes about this functionality being removed, but perhaps it was, because it now happens automatically as part of the cleanup mentioned in the R52 notes?

• Invalid Quests Automatically Fixed: We have added the ability for the game's journal to automatically recognize when a quest logically has to have been completed (for example, in the main story when the player moves far beyond the incorrectly incomplete quest) and automatically register those quests as completed. This will occur automatically upon logging in and also refresh itself periodically, such as when speaking to any NPC, and should help avatars who have been faithfully testing the game as we develop it and have their quest journal left in an incomplete state as associated bugs have been fixed. Going forward in future releases, if you continue to have quest journal entries that are still "hung" in your journal after having long completed them, please report them as bugs and they will be addressed in the following release.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.