Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Taunt...

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by Alcedes, Aug 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alcedes

Alcedes Avatar

I have been doing a lot of testing on taunt. Especially now that there are some encounters to use it on. Truthfully, it is not very effective. Perhaps it just needs to be buffed up, but perhaps a complete rework would be better or even just some enhancements.

The easy solution would be to have to do a "snap aggro" where it immediately draws aggro to the caster. Personally, I am not a huge fan of this mechanic. But it would be the easiest.

Ideally, it would raise aggro by a large amount (remember, people going sword and board tanking will not be able to compete for aggro) and then apply a buff which increases aggro generation. This mechanic could also play into Glyph stacking. More stacks would equal a larger aggro generation buff and increased duration.

Either way, Taunt needs work.

Duke Raas likes this.
  2. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

I've been meaning to bring up this skill for awhile now.. but for another reason.

Taunt should be in tactics.. NOT heavy armor. I understand it's a bit traditional for 'tanks' to draw agro.. but what does taunting have to do with the armor you're wearing??? It makes absolutely no sense. It does however make perfect sense for taunt to be in the tactics tree.

Katrina Bekers and Spoon like this.
  3. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

I always thought it was there because the heavier armor was suppose to be able to take a better beating than the flimsy stuff I'm wearing right now. At least that's what I hope it does since I'm finally getting around to making some this release. :oops:

4. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

That's the rational for that type of skill being associated with heavy fighters.. in a class based system where skill sets are predefined. SotA doesn't have a class based system. Otherwise.. 'trip' should be a light armor skill for example.

Actually the only heavy armor skills that make any sense at all of being a 'heavy armor skill' are glance, body slam, absorb impacts & deflection. The rest have sod all to do with how you use your armor.

4EverLost likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.