Tax eviction warning, PLEASE

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Minerva, May 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

We currently get a message when logging in that tells us if something has happened, like if you are kicked from a town, or lost a property. And in the pasted that pop-up message as been used for other messages.

So, the mechanics is in to warn people about tax evictions. In real life you would get a warning. Maybe 7 days out each time you log in it would say, you have a property about to expire (or some other such wording).

We have had a number of people that have lost property just because they missed it. These houses do not go into your magic mover, but to your bank, causing a huge mess to clean up. And in NPC towns you can lose a prime spot.

This easy warning would go a long way in keeping happy players.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Just came across this and thought it might be worth mentioning that now that we have some sort of an in-game "mail" system working, perhaps rent warnings could be mailed once per earth day. You would see the mail icon on your client and would then know to check a mailbox.

3. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

I place this high on my Jira.

4. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

5. Brent S

Brent S Avatar

I can actually see this both ways:
    1. it would be good to receive a notice.
    2. A notice would just give the people squatting on a lot warning to log in. That defeats the purpose of the system - unless you have to log in to get the notice. Email would defeat the system.

Nelzie, Cordelayne and Weins201 like this.
  6. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

I saw it as a log in thing. What is funny is that since I wrote this EVERY time I change zones, either by entering the game or just changing location, the property UI opens. I see the "U" button EVERY time.... I think the Devs are screwing with me BUT,..... it saved a house more than once :)

Royou and Brent S like this.
  7. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

I still really wish this was in the game. And to add to this, I wish that if you lost a place, it went to your magic mover if you have a slot available.

8. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

+1 for evictions going into magic mover ...
    First you log on to find out you are homeless and there's some weird guy who's taken up residence in your spot
    Then you realize that apparently prior to taking up residence, same weird guy hauled all your stuff to the bank and dumped it in a very large pile.
    I'm sure the bankers would be grateful for this change.

LiquidBlaze, Royou and Minerva like this.
  9. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

Yes I totally agree with this post.. I have lost my lots a fews times now and its a freking bother each time.. I keep saying to myself to look at the taxs but with all there is in this game I sometime think there is more time than there is and I forget to look when I should be..

There is details for every little thing in the bank ( even now the date when you put things in) but yet no tax warning when you are about to loose all your hard work designing your house!!! And further more the devs incourage users to design and build you lots up for it to look good and individualized but somehow miss this feature!!!.

PLZ PLZ PLZ add this feature.. PLZ Again :)

Witcheypoo, LiquidBlaze and Royou like this.
  10. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Just curious but don't your Lot Deeds Window come up every time you enter the game?

I thought that's why it does that. So you see your lots and rent every time you login.

Am I mistaken on this?

Laz

11. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

If it is then I was not even aware of it. it should not be so suddle then. it should read " Warning Your tax are coming due, plz visit your bank or you will be evicted in XX amount of days "

12. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

no, do you have yours pinned? if not, sound like a bug.

LiquidBlaze and Barugon like this.
  13. Minerva

Minerva Avatar

I think that is a bug. When I first posted this that happened to me for a release. But then it stopped. It was not happening fir others.

14. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

Yep.. It was pinned. Never noticed that.

Well.. Pinned = Problem Solved :)

No New Mechanics Needed.

Laz

Mac2 likes this.
  15. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Ugh, I know! I had moved into some nice ruins spread across two village lots. Then I got sucked into work stuff, didn't login for a week, and now half my beautiful ruins are some jerk's stupid house. WHICH IS STILL FRIGGIN' EMPTY THREE MONTHS LATER.

16. Kirthag

Kirthag Avatar

*dusts off post*
    As a Royal Founder from the first round, I was so happy to place my tax-free lot in a PRT.
    Had to take time off due to studies, but now it is spring break so I came to dust off my house and prepare for some adventuring, only to get a notice upon login that I lost my lot and all my stuff is in my bank (and that is making me cringe).

If I had known via REAL WORLD email that my time was about to expire (March 19) I would have logged on sooner. Now.... I cannot even get the maps to update to login and see if I can reclaim my spot in the PRT.

I don't play here consistently due to school (but I do graduate this spring, so expect to see me more), and the s-l-o-w speeds I have when connecting to this game. Even ESO and WOW download faster and patch quicker. Of course, that is topic of another thread elsewhere... but seriously, please, for the sake of all sanity, send an email when a lot is about to be demolished (1 week prior would be awesome). It isn't that hard - we get emails for just about everything else...

Barugon likes this.
  17. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

SotA uses BitTorrent to distribute patch files. Perhaps your internet provider throttles BT?

18. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

I wonder whats going with this.. so many people tell me they still forget to pay taxs.

LiquidBlaze likes this.
  19. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

With the new tax hike due to coto prices, Cotos were 2k when I earned my taxed town lot, paying closer to 2k per 2 days, in comparison to the double it became when coto prices jumped, Compounded by having forgot to pay taxes. This vet has been in a row ever since. I wonder where the expectation is as of to where new players that don't invest in a tax free will land? I bet bank slots are a hot item, unfortunately.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  20. Tirello

Tirello Avatar

I'm sorry for your loss.

I don't think they should send a real word world email alerting you to your plot coming due. You had 3 months to log in at some point to reset your house timer. If I had leased gone into the magic mover it would sting so bad.

I do agree that they should be either in game notification or a in game mail alerting you is that you are almost out of time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.