Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Taxed Housing Doesn't Refund Discounted Days

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns & Player Housing' started by Datendrache, Jan 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Datendrache

Datendrache Avatar

01/20/2019 12:39
    Title: Taxed Housing Doesn't Refund Discounted Days
    Reproduction Rate: 100%
    Blocker? No-kinda.
    Details:

I have a taxed Keep deed, it's pre-testing value was 14,000gp per day. Now the new rate is 3000gp per day. You won't hear me complain about that, thank you big time!

However, in the case of the attached screenshot, you'll see that there are 59 days pre-paid on the Keep. That's a total of 826.000gp worth of taxes that did not convert back to tax credit and/or get applied as extra paid days to the lot. That's the equivalent of 275 days of extra time (which would exceed the 105 day limit...)

Normally this bug report would probably be more of a suggestion to refund these credits, but anyone can pick up their home prior to the release and get a 100% credit refund for unused days exceeding (12? I think) and then drop the home back after the release. While "exploity", its also common knowledge. Therefore I contend it would be better to simply provide the refund rather than letting a few players paying attention benefit.

Steps to Reproduce:

1) "No Refund" Screenshot
    a) Log into test server
    b) Press "U"
    c) Observe no refunds. (screenshot #1)

2) Getting refund through "Exploit-y" release of lot
    a) Click lot property marker
    b) Select Property Manager
    c) Move home contents into property manager
    d) Unclaim home
    e) Observe: Refund for unused days (screenshot #2) Comment: I did this on the test server and the amount refunded is correct for the adjusted values; however, this is to demonstrate that players can get refunds at the full rate prior to release because that is the game mechanics for paying and returning taxes paid on taxed lots.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

User Specs:
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor (12) System RAM: 16335
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4043
    SotA.QA.Win.64.790.Date.01.19.19
    Area: POT_alpine_metropolis_01_template/Festival
    Area Display Name: Festival
    Loc: (17.6, 38.0, 48.3)
    Debug: UE9UX2FscGluZV9tZXRyb3BvbGlzXzAxX3RlbXBsYXRlfEZlc3RpdmFsfCgxNy42MDEsIDM3Ljk5NywgNDguMjc0KXwoMCwgLTAuOTU1LCAwLCAtMC4yOTgpfDMyMy42NDc2fDEzLjA2Mzl8NS41OTk5OTc=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.