1. We have a QA initiative where we work with the community more closely than ever to get your bug reports into the hands of the developers. Please use this forum for LIVE Server bug reporting. Do follow the format below, because it will help us out greatly in responding. If you do not, it's possible your bug report will be misinterpreted, or worse, lost!

Read BEFORE submitting your first bug: Reporting Bugs… QA 101 Document
    • Search for your bug before posting in order to avoid duplicate reports.
    • Only reply to an existing thread if you have additional information for the reported bug. ALL extraneous commentary will be deleted to avoid cluttering the reports.
    • Keep your bug report short and factual.
    • There is no need to submit crash logs. Crash data we require is automatically logged.
    Bug Report Template
    1. Title:
    2. Reproduction Rate:
    3. Blocker?
    4. Details:
    5. Steps to Reproduce:
    6. User Specs:
    To get started, use /bug in-game (/devbug if on QA) to auto-create this template. It will even auto-fill some of the required information and open the browser for you. Then take the information that was just saved to your system's clipboard and paste it into a new QA forum post. Thank you bug hunters!
Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

tecnical issues

Discussion in 'Release 62 Feedback' started by Pelantan, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Pelantan

Pelantan Avatar

#1 I hope this is the right place, if not, please let me know where exactly to post and I will go there.
    #2 I'm looking for settings tips for better game performance. I already tried Discord but they seem to be more interested in how much money I paid for my GFX and brag about how much they paid for theirs.

Title: Game lags and temporarily stops responding.
    happens every time I launch, but it is a new installation. I am a new player.

Details:
    Win 10 64 bit AMD A10 4-core. 8gb ram. Radeon HD gfx broadband internet
    Issues: I get a lot of lag, and freezeups. So I launched Taskmanager to monitor it. I see the game using as much as 60% cpu at times and as much as 5gb ram at times.

I changed some graphics settings and while this did help, it still isn't perfect. One thing that leads me to believe there are more settings I could look into os that when ever I go to the world map (where I can go from town to town) or when I enter a town, I get loading issues. It ALWAYS hangs at 50% and then randomly above that. sometimes takes as much as 2 minutes or more to load.

Game can take 5 minutes to load.

I have rebooted. I have tried it in win8 compatability mode.
    *I am not using Steam. I downloaded and installed from the website.

Thanks for any help or advice.

2. Jaesun

Jaesun Avatar

3. Pelantan

Pelantan Avatar

yes I meet and exceed the minimum specks but I do not have a solid state hard drive. but it has 3gb access time with a 32 mb cache so I dont think that's causing it. I have true gigabit internet with an average speed of 600 to 900 mb/s so that's not it either. it has to be an ig setting or conflicting software on my end.

I did try after disabling my AV software and got better results but it is still a bit flaky. It still took a really long time to load up and get to the login screen. the map loading takes several minutes. kind of sad, I used to play UO for many years and while I dont want to go back ( i did pretty much everything there was to do that I know of) I had hoped this would be a good alternative. I dont think I'm going to work on it any more, it isn't worth the time i have spent on it.
    Thanks though!

4. Feeyo

Feeyo Avatar

It is your RAM. 8G is really not enough. Minimum is 16G. not sure how they have it om 8 for minimum..

Elwyn, Lord Trady of Blix and Jaesun like this.
  5. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I may be a bit late, but...
    - 8gb is an absolute bare minimum to run at all, you really need at least 12 or 16
    - install it to SSD to speed up scene loading, it's not a small difference
    - 50% step just takes way longer than the rest, I hope they fix that someday
    - don't use higher resolution than 1080p, there are CPU-bound things that happen with higher resolutions

6. GMDavros

GMDavros Avatar

I have a rig that i built just for SotA from the initial release. main drive is SSD, Win8 swapfile is on a 7200rpm hard drive. 8GB ram and a high end radeon video card. Everything has been smooth as silk up until the last set of patches.

Now i have multi minute wait times while i watch my hard drive get hammered at 100% (assuming this is the swap file). now performance is very choppy.

I'm sure i could add more RAM, but seriously, i had ZERO problems with play up until the last couple of weeks. Were there any reported memory issues recently?

Fenris