Tell me about your trade routes.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by null2, Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Well, I was in the middle of setting up trade routes with the city states last night and the dang Greeks kept coming down and attacking me and taking out my trade routes, made me really angry. Ack... wrong game, we aren't talking Civilization :)

Kigu Starfish (Kor) likes this.
  2. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

I had a very profitable trade route from Serpent Spine Foothills where I would trade with the bandits... my arrows for their halberds. And then I would ferry those weapons back to Central Brittany where a nice man runs a blacksmith shoppe and gives me a fair price. But then the bandits stopped producing halberds and it all went to hell. I'm gonna guess they stopped doing that because... they didn't like the terms of our trades....

3. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I second that. Vox is amazing!!

Sometimes I think Sota IS his job IRL. ;-)

Vrunk Hrrk likes this.
  4. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I just want to know "who is price fixing" every resource in the game? Paying 350g/per beetle carpus is way way out of my price range... So I'm forced to gather my own, and the Devs seem to want to sque that to high skull areas and low yields...

Same with ores, the price HAS come down to 50g/per iron/copper, but when they're in Lots of 100, I don't have that to spend... It's very rare that I find Lots in quantities of 10 or 50, and quite common to see them over 100... Come on guys, I know how long it takes to gather 100, I can only guess the Devs only want "over achievers" in the game...

Do any of the Devs realize "How many" ores it takes to make just 1 ingot? "How many" ingots it takes to it takes to make just 1 of anything? "How many" timbers you get from a Log? "How many" timbers it takes to make anything?

When I was much younger, my family would go on tours of "Lumber Mills" and a Tree is pretty damned BIG, and got way more timbers out of a Log... Plus Boards, Plus Poles, and even the bark & sawdust was used...

Why are you Devs trying to create another UO economy? Or is it the players? Grouping/BOTing their way to wealth... This IS so much NOT a supply/demand economy and so much a "Monopoly" controlled economy...

5. mass

mass Avatar

I came to the realization a long time ago (though my opinion and not necessarily fact) that a fundamental concept driving development of this game was that the UO economy produced a robust RMT market that the UO publishers had no way to take a cut of. RMT depends on the idea that many things in game are not fun to achieve on your own or not worth the time investment, so that using real money becomes the better option. Without offensively time consuming resource gathering, RMT cannot exist.

For some, their trade route is 72 hours of grind -> SotA trade forum.

I think the reason most ores are sold in lots of 100 is that it is close to the minimum amount needed to be useful in a crafting session. RMT also demands excessive resource use for gameplay in order to be viable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.