Textiles - Batch and Swift Problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tc91101, Apr 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

I was raising all of my craft skills to 40 minimum yesterday and today and for some reason the Textiles Batch is stuck at 38. Textiles and Swift are still increasing. I was making spool of cotton thread from scraps but ran out of scraps and switched to the regular spool without scraps. Is it possible that the Batch skill only increases when using the scrap or is it something else I might not be doing?

2. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I may be mistaken but it sounds like your XP pool is too low to raise all three skills at once. What levels are Swift and Textiles at? And how high is your Production XP pool?

3. Kron Caledon

Kron Caledon Avatar

The "Batching Materials" skill only increases when you batch craft - i.e. 2 or more.

So make sure to not only be crafting one by one - if you want to raise the Batching skill.

Elwyn and Kara Brae like this.
  4. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

I bet that's my problem Kron. I ran out of scraps and then probably went 1 by 1 trying to hit 40 from 38. My pool is 100k so it shouldn't be the problem. Thanks all.

Kara Brae likes this.
  5. Lesni

Lesni Avatar

Does batch crafting an item give less XP than single crafting the item the same number of times?

6. Kron Caledon

Kron Caledon Avatar

Batch crafting gives the same xp as single crafting. A few releases ago, they changed batch crafting to allow the chance at exceptionals as well (before that, you'd want to single craft to get exceptional crafts).

So no real downsides to batch crafting now.

7. Sorthious

Sorthious Avatar

The higher you get your skill level, especially above 80, some skills will progress very slowly. A 100k pool is good, but progression won't be very fast with that kind of pool. So, with a higher pool skills will progress faster, thus, you won't have to use as many Resources to get your skills up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.