The Chronicles of Ragnarok

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Doctor Ragnarok, Jul 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doctor Ragnarok

Doctor Ragnarok Avatar

Footnote

These books shall be a record of the lives of Damien Ragnarok and kin, and all things of import that happen to and around them. May you learn something within these volumes that you may better your life and succeed where we could not.

~Damien Ragnarok

(( Feel free if you like to make posts to this thread, and I may myself reply if deemed necessary. All posts relative to the work of fiction shall begin marked as entries and all other content written myself will be in double parenthesie to keep Out of Character talk separate. ))

2. Doctor Ragnarok

Doctor Ragnarok Avatar

Entry 1

All written previous to this has been lost to fire at sea. It pains me deeply to reflect on the events that transpired and those who were lost. Fifteen years have since passed and on this day the courage has risen within me to bring pen to parchment.

The 'Nightingale' was driven hard through torrential rains in effort to bring safely to shore its most precious cargo. What of that cargo was most precious to the captain and his crew was what lost them their lives. They rest now beneath the sea within their wreck... and so does my beloved Marigan. She could have been saved- Saved if it were not for the greed of the crew and their cold grip on those crates and their cursed contents.

Little Kithkin was of just 3 years aged and it was with all my might and fading will that I escaped with her aboard a barrel that set loose as all else sank beneath the surging waves. Times were dark and seemed they would be ever more, then life granted us new purpose. Nearest 3 days after our lives fell beneath the waters a ship happened upon us. What few apples we secured from the barrel were all but gone and would not hold us longer. Her name was The 'Tigerclaw', and standing at her rails was a brilliantly dressed man- A Baron, no less. His name was Kazyn Phoenixfyre, and he had quickly motioned to the crew that we be saved. After brief introductions and a humble pledge to they who secured our safety, the job became mine to prove worth and trade as a craftsman for a small port he was amidst building of his own worth.

Some hardships were met to start and Kithkin was soon sent off to home of her aunt that her childhood may be filled with learning and memories of happier things. With a new breath of life within me I have pushed to become foreman and well known in this land. The rest, as they say, is history.

Word has been sent that Kithkin has completed her learning and wishes now to join me in the Port. Her aunt has grown ill of mind and will soon be beyond us. I have heard well of an interest sparked within my little one to tinker and hammer at many a thing, never knowing why. Even so long ago so much apart she has followed in my steps and yearns to become like the man she's yet to truly know. Her mother would be wary but proud, knowing how strong of arm and mind she was destined to be. The 'Albatross' awaits her and in a fortnight's time we shall become a family once more. All that I do now is for her better, and to the honor of my lost Marigan. May the seas be ever calm where you rest.

3. WrathPhoenix

WrathPhoenix Avatar

Fantastic stuff. I dont know if i trust this Kazyn guy though...

4. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I do love a good story! Can't wait for more! *bravo*

Time Lord and Lord Trady of Blix like this.
  5. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Excellent!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.