The control with the mouse is very tough, i could use some help please.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by irs009, Dec 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. irs009

irs009 Avatar

The control with the mouse is very tough, if I turn my mouse it does not run smoothly. The game itself runs smoothly, it does not matter which graphics setting I use. Does anyone have advice for me?

2. Aiyarree

Aiyarree Avatar

SotA is no different than other games in this way.
    So thanks that you have not provided us any details about OS, System-Specs or Mouse-Manufacturer,
    i would suggest cleaning the mouse sensor. Of course it could also be a sign of Parkinson by the facts you provided to us :)

On Solus Linux with a Logitech 903 it is perfectly fine. Roccat Tyon also no problems and the same for a Roccat Nyth.

3. Bob Kelso2

Bob Kelso2 Avatar

No advice except switch mouse, I had major problems with my last one. Had it on slowest settings in windows and shroud and it would still fly all over the place. Kinda bummer to switch settings as soon as i wanted to play another game as it was only super speed in sota.
    Something is wonky

4. CatherineRose

CatherineRose Avatar

@irs009 If I accidentaly click my TAB i that makes me not be able to control my mouse for some reason. So I click it after the mouse becomes crazy and I can control it again.

5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

1)
    Borrow a gaming mouse from someone and test if it behaves differently.
    Especially one with high resolution, a cord and test with a non-reflective surface.
    If it is better think of a list of excuses why you cannot return it just yet.
    2)
    Check your memory usage. When you spin you unload/load a lot of graphical objects.
    So if you check your memory usage over time when you stand still vs if you spin around a lot then you can see if you have any issues.
    For instance someone posted in the forums that they didn't hitch as much after getting an SSD disk. But what it really was was low mem and the processor using disk to compensate.
    3)
    If you play a lot in multiplayer then test multi vs single player.
    If it is a big difference then you might want to check your broadband and upload speeds.
    This since there is some p2p shenanigans going on. Where if you become master of a scene and you have low upload you will hitch.
    4)
    Move to Austin. In some cases ping to server can delay gfx updates. For instance for me being in Europe I regularly get a little more staccato (low FPS) when I activate corpses to loot them since that is server side.
    5)
    Emmigrate to PC. If you are on Linux or Mac then know that you are only a green card holder with limited rights in Unity land.
    6)
    Have you prayed to the Spears lately? If not you might want to add a tableflip or two and sacrifice some single malt to the Spears and hope they optimize a lot more.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    CatherineRose likes this.
  6. LiquidBlaze

LiquidBlaze Avatar

You could try some diagnostics, One thing to do would be to disable sound in Sota and see if it behaves the same. Check your mouse settings in Control Panel in windows, and of course in game, One with a sensitive gaming mouse like myself may have to decrease sensitivity. I do notice the "enhanced pointer precision" has always been lacking in game, I.E. trying to open something or click something and end up moving it, just as if you disabled enhanced pointer precision all together in windows =/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.