The Illusive Passage

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by E n v y, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

The Illusive Passage

The Illusive Passage is a PvP enabled village located on the coast near to a mountainous range (exact location will be determined during development).

The Village will act as a base for members of The Disciples of Damnation as well as it's friends (you don't have to be a guild member, just be supportive towards us).

The current size of this PoT is a "Crossroad Village" (already purchased), I am not overly keen to increase the size due to potential lag/performance issues (this is very important when it comes to PvP). Plot numbers are set out below:

1 x Keep
    2 x City
    8 x Town
    20 x Village
    16 x Row

There will be no taxes applied within the village, however it will be expected that all residents should act to serve the community. This might mean assisting your neighbour from time to time to gather resources or indeed taking to arms to defend the village from attacks.

[​IMG]

The above map is a concept design:

1: Keep Lot (Hill based overlooking the village from an elevated position)
    2: City Lot (Hill based overlooking the village from an elevated position)
    3: City Lot (Water based)
    4: Town Lot (Water based)
    5 - 11: Town Lots
    12-29: Village Lots
    30-31: Village Lots (Water based)
    32-47: Row Lots
    48: NPC Wildebay Bank (Assuming banks will be in PoTs)
    49: NPC Black Flood Stables (In all readiness should mounts become available)
    50: NPC Black Angel Tavern (A Tavern to relax with the community with the occasional bar brawl)
    51: NPC Scarlett Vixen House (An Inn with plenty of rooms, a place for players get up to general naughtiness in private)
    A: Village Entrance (Only entrance to the village)
    B: Black Flood Arena (A public arena situated beneath the Keep)
    C: Commercial Square (A place for vendors and crafting)

If the village reaches its capacity, any player wishing to join will go onto a waiting list for an available plot (priority will go to members of the guild). Should there be sufficient players waiting, there is a view that the village could expand by adding an underground section that could be connected (depending on development).

All players within the village will have full access to expert crafting stations (all types available), they will also have free permission to place vendors within the trading square (this is encouraged).

Community members will have full access to the arena as well as games such as 'giant chess'. Players are encouraged and are free to arrange tournaments providing it does not clash within the guild calendar in terms of village events that are already scheduled.

There will be several guild properties that will be available to rent (the rent will be lower than that of 'owned' properties bought within the game), there will also be 'rooms' available to rent. Renting of houses that have not been approved by the guild senior leaders is prohibited. In all cases guild renting must be at capacity before permissions will be given for others to rent.

Any disputes within the village will be resolved by 3 senior guild members. Before any action is taken on a village resident, the following must happen.

- Receipt of a complaint.
    - Receipt of proof of the complaint (eg screenshots).
    - Explanation of what has been attempted to resolve the issue.

Once all information has been received, the 3 senior members will discuss and try and mediate a solution. This may include issuing a 'strike' warning to a player or possibly both (2 strikes and out). If a situation arises where both players are guilty and mediation fails, both players may be asked to leave the village.

Village residents should endeavour to give notification of any expected prolonged inactivity. In all cases there will be a review at 3 months with attempts to contact the absent player, providing the player responds and can give an acceptable time for return, then no further action will be taken. If there has been no contact from the player by month 4, the player will be evicted.

The village will always remain under the ownership of the sole purchaser regardless of any internal player governing systems.

Zelek Uther, Tahru, mbomber and 18 others like this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Well done! I hope the City of Penshire will end up close by the Illusive Passage, there would probably be a some good benefits to that.

3. Resurrected

Resurrected Avatar

Way to go boss :p

Time Lord, E n v y and Mata like this.
  4. Mata

Mata Avatar

Very nice! :)

Time Lord and E n v y like this.
  5. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

That would be quite cool :)

6. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

@Envy very well done layout. Wish you all the best luck with the illusive passage.
    May I ask you what software you have used to create this map?

7. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

The software I used was Campaign Cartographer 3 with City Designer 3 addon (www.profantasy.com). I'm very new to the software and this was my first real attempt hehehe.

Sebastion, Mata and Time Lord like this.
  8. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

Thank you.
    The software seems to be very interessting and professional. I definitely will have a deeper look into that.

9. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Definitely a cool picture. I'm too cheap to want to buy the software, although it would be easier than using paint (better results too).

mbomber, E n v y and Duke Raas like this.
  10. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    Pretty cool man! Looks great!

Falsehood Shadowlord and E n v y like this.
  11. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Looks great!

Do you have to pay extra to get a sea serpent to eat the PvP losers?

Zelek Uther and E n v y like this.
  12. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I want them to put it on the addon store ;)

13. Resurrected

Resurrected Avatar

I hope you negotiate a small percentage ;)

E n v y likes this.
  14. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

The Illusive Cavern

Great news, an additional 'holdfast' village has been purchased. The current thought is that this will form an underground housing area for The Illusive Passage. Access will be created via a cave entrance.

Row Lots: 20
    Village Lots: 16

I am keeping an open mind over the layout etc until further information over underground scenes have been provided.

Needless to say that this will be a great expansion to the village and will also serve as another PvP area.

15. E n v y I I

E n v y I I Avatar

Just to Update

The Holdfast of 'Finchfield' (non-pvp) will also be linked to the Illusive Passage. I am hoping that access can be granted off one of the hills; i'm also hoping that access to the area can be granted directly from the map as well.

The Holdfast of 'The Illusive Cavern' (pvp) will have access under one of the hills. Access to this area will only be via entering the Illusive Passage itself.

Websites have been set-up for both Finchfield and The Illusive Cavern

Zelek Uther and Tahru like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.