The most fun I've had with Tabletop RPG....

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by woolenthreads, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woolenthreads

woolenthreads Avatar

I've been playing regular tabletop RPG's for over 20 years (Not a boast more like disbelief on my part) and like everyone I have favourite stories to tell either of triumphs or failure, my own or others.

The most fun I had was with a home-made system where the setting was mid 1930's France. The Characters were all wealthy dilletante's. The history was slightly warped, where I laid out that a man who'd died as a boy in an accident in our world developed all the theory leading to a Nuclear Weapon in 1916, which was detonated by the British in Berlin. The inventor died with his device but left research and design notes. The British reaction was not a salutary one with paranoia about other countries particularly the Germans getting the tech and high handed assault and diplomatic blackmail tactics to attempt to keep it out of other countries hands.

The players, to my interest, came up with all sorts of characters, a rich American Race Car Driver, A South African Land Baron, a German Baron, an English Industrial Heir etc. I had them getting into scrapes in encounters with Foreign Agents, other dilletantes and general Thugs at parties, racing tracks and at a diplomatic function at Gibraltar Rock.

Everyone enjoyed themselves and that was the real point of the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.