The new way of deleting threads by the mods

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sea Hunter, Feb 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

Hello, This is not a call out post but a why is it this way?
    When I have posts deleted now it only gives a reason but no way to actually speak to the moderator who deleted your post. Why is this? What if there is a question as to why? I am sure that Berek will come on and say take it to the support email. Last time I did that with an actual in game problem it took 14 days before they even responded.
    There really needs to be a way for us to speak directly to the mod who deletes our posts. As sometimes it sure seems like favoritism happens when some posts get deleted but others with the same thing get left alone.

2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

So, you're not able to PM the moderator?

3. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

Not that I can see. You just get a canned little note telling you why and that is it.

4. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Send a note to Support and @Serafina will help you out. If you're lucky, she'll smack the offending party in the back of the head Gibs style for making her have to investigate while everyone is rushing around trying to get things done. She doesn't strike me as the violent type but I dream that there is someone on the team who stops and sys WTF, guys!?

5. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

My problem with that is where is the transparency of the mod team? Why do they hide? I have never been on a gaming site where you did not know who the mods were and when they were logged onto their mod account. I Am not bashing how Berek runs his show, it just seems so secretive and kinda unprofessional.
    I should not have to go send in an email just to ask a question to the mod who dings me with a deleted post.
    I do understand they don't want to argue with folks. But not every deleted post will result in an argument, and if it did they could THEN refer them to the email support.
    I honestly expect this thread to be deleted too. It seems if you call out any type of problem or situation with Berek and his team it immediately gets "erased" Again, I am not taking jabs at the mod team, it is just the the way it seems to me. Bringing concerns out in the public should not always be a bad thing. You should not have to fear that you will be banned or warned for bringing up valid concerns or places things could be a bit better.

KnownInGameAsGeorge likes this.
  6. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Click on the name of the moderator then click "Start a Conversation".

moxiepilot likes this.
  7. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

There is no option for that. Again all you get is the reason why the post was deleted, there is no name to click, and it shows no name at all. There is nothing.

Womby likes this.
  8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Weird. When I look under Alerts and see that a post has been deleted, it always has the moderators name.

[edit] I haven't had a post deleted since the changes that @Spoon detailed above, so my information is outdated.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

When you get moderated you only get an "Alert", there is no way to know who actually moderated you. Also they are supposed to write a comment, but depending on mood they might not do that instead just a "you know why" is all too common.
    So usually you get an anonymous alert with a very short message "No personal arguments" is my number one reason to get moderated. That is usually when I correct peoples mistakes which sometimes mods think is personal...

So for instance today both Chaox and Chris has been doing some of that but since Berek was on at the same time people thought it was him. You can see this in their comments.
    But Chris is usually too busy writing long explanations why you get moderated. While Berek does write comments.

Now if you don't agree or wonder about moderation the first step is a PM to the Community Manager which would be Berek, contacting support should be a distant third.

Hunter OfSouls likes this.
  11. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

Get used to it.. As this one will be locked or deleted. There is not much to say about this forum.

12. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Thats when they respect you...

of my 1287 moderated posts... about half have ever received a warning, only half of that half had a name attached to it, even less had a reason for deletion...

upon asking support or mods for clarifications, radio silence.

My post is lost, and I have no way of knowing what was even wrong in them, no way of knowing if they could have deleted ONE sentence and left my post which often take me hours to write intact.

13. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

believe me I'm a pro... many of those alerts had a name AND a reason attached to them, but more often than not the reason does not fit in the alert and you can never know because if you click it you get pushed on the thread in question.

And if my post had no warning or alert... which happened pretty much half the time, then I don't even know my whole post was deleted because of one silly mistranslated sentence that might sound rude if you're really sensitive.

That means I can keep on arguing in the thread, and never know my earlier post had been deleted which often makes me look like the A&$*?! in service, or a complete idiot.

Then I can even get modded because I didn't know I got modded and never got a reason so I wouldn't do the same thing again.

And believe me, I DO ALL IN MY POWER to make sure I don't break the rules. I'm a quick learner.

Womby and Hunter OfSouls like this.
  14. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

Which is why I think they need a better way to show moderation. I also do not understand why the mod does not show up as logged on like all the other devs do, when they are not "hidden" of course.
    I am not disputing my threads that get moderated so much as I am just kinda dumbfounded at the way it gets handled. This system could be a lot better.

15. 3devious

3devious Avatar

Take it from a veteran troll, I've had a notice that my post was deleted, it didn't say who deleted it there was just the note "Please Stop." I was in a heated argument with a dev at the time. He thought I was trying to acuse them of shadiness (it was one of the few times I wasn't and things went downhill from there. I sm pretty sure that the excuse will be that they're busy trying to push this release out. When everyone calms down you guys can work it out.
    I am not trying to excuse it but please understand that people under the gun are not the most rational of people. They are much better than I am Caska in deadline mode is a truly ugly site. Many of us would be permabanned. I am pretty sure that 4chan would have contests to see how quickly they could get themselves banned like they did on Club Penguin's site.
    No, I did not try to see what my score would be.

16. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

They could simply come out and tell us this isn't a community forum, that its only a heavily moderated constructive feedback forum...

but hey... that is too much truth for one day.

I'm out !

17. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

Let's try not to get to bashing them. I really want this thread to live a while. Even if I do agree with you, that is not what this thread is about.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
  18. StrangerDiamond

StrangerDiamond Avatar

Nothing wrong with constructive feedback, if you think about it.

I just like to know the name of the game before I play it, totally reasonable and lucid.

Its not like I was angry or there was mitigating circumstances or context... lately I have been much MUCH less modded than in the past.

I just get no transparency when it does happen, so yea, I'm frustrated. Sometimes I spend hours looking for a post I made to give a reference to someone... but its gone, there are no alerts or anything, anywhere.

Thats why I started keeping track of my "Stats"...

3devious and Hunter OfSouls like this.
  19. 3devious

3devious Avatar

I really think that @Berek has a script for me that says "Look behind you, Caska, there's the line."
    I was just a little less gently bred than most people. I try to be softer with everyone that being said I feel that it is better to be honest than kind.

20. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

Trust me I agree with ya and unfortunately Berek knows me all to well too. I do not like to beat around the bush when it comes to being honest. We live in a different world now a days though, people can not take the truth like they used too. Now they need teddy bears and play dough to help em get through the tough times... or so I hear.

Mykll likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.