The next best thing....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wilson, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wilson

Wilson Avatar

I've been reading a lot of posts on the forums since it opened. And the more of them I read, the more I think it needs to be said: This is NOT Ultima Online 2.

As much as we want it to be! I love Ultima Online, I think in it's prime, it was the greatest game ever made - peroid. I still play it on a private server with my friends (with some modifications).

SotA will be, however, the next best thing to UO2, the spiritual successor as LB calls it. I guess what I'm trying to say here is that we can't compare SotA to UO because UO (and the Ultima series which I've played as well), is in a league of it's own and simply cannot be compared to anything else.

So, we can't expect everything from Crafting to PvP to be exactly the same as UO was, it just won't happen, and as much as the dev team wants to, they will never be able to please everyone since everyone's Ultima experiences have been different, and diverse.

2. Owain

Owain Avatar

We can and are requesting what we want in SotA. It remains to be seen what the devs can deliver. They asked for input. We are providing input.

3. InsaneMembrane

InsaneMembrane Avatar

Yeah just like Owain, I choose not to listen to the current limitations of game engine/design or other player base. Why would we, we're selfish and we want what we want.

We want to PK en masse, and we'll post, argue, and pay $$ until we get what we want.

Gunga Din [Pax] likes this.
  4. antalicus

antalicus Avatar

The game will be what it will be but you can't say we didn't try. If enough people want it, it will happen.

5. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Lets take crafting as an example: It will have recipes, tools, stations, materials, skill.

Our input will be considered when it comes to the area of what makes crafting fun. If we are suggesting that RG should remove anything on that list we are going to have to have a large voice and a solid rational for the removal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.