The Poll... Uo or No

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Jul 1, 2014.

?

Did you play Ultima online?

1. Yes

79.9%
  2. No

9.7%
  3. Never played but heard of it

10.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scolari79

Scolari79 Avatar

~99-04 on Lake Superior and then a newer shard that was opened. Eventually sold the 60 million gold I had and made about $1200 when I quit.

2. dsmwookie

dsmwookie Avatar

I started in 98-99 till 2003. U.O. was my first MMO and it was a blast. I enjoyed so many aspects of the game even the grief bestowed onto me by other players. My wife now games with me and I have been on the hunt for a good game to share that original experience and I am hopeful that SOTA can bring that to the table.

I was on Napa Valley as - Merciful, Kale, Storm, Robert Frost, Vindicator and many more. I met a couple players in real life and wish I had kept up better with them, but at that point in time and at my age it wasn't as easy to do. I do thank my high school friend who introduced me to the game as it was amazing. I remember when I first started playing and he was a GM swordsman/tact and I thought he was such a badass. After a month or two of playing I was quickly past him and knee deep in the thick of pvp and pve.

The morality system in UO although not flawless really made the game unique and such the rush. I spent a lot of time in Delucia when I first started playing and remember players stealing my loot or just trying to get me killed. I balked up and got cut down quickly, but after that I learned how to really prepare myself with potions, proper armor, and even skills necessary for pve or pvp. I miss it dearly and wish a mirrored playstyle with better graphics/AI existed.

Ara likes this.
  3. misterrich

misterrich Avatar

So hilarious!

4. Fellwin

Fellwin Avatar

I played it when it first came out with the Charter Edition (IIRC). After exploring around Britannia like I did with the previous Ultima's, I lamented the lack of storyline, grew bored, and dropped it after a month or so.

5. Gretchelle

Gretchelle Avatar

I know, right! Oooo ooo ooooo oo.

tekkamansoul likes this.
  6. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Avatar

I've yet to meet a PKer that frightens me ass much as a grue.

7. Rob D

Rob D Avatar

Yes, indeed.

For many, many years, Ultima Online has been a 2nd home for me and my wife. We were both part of the ARPC, the Atlantic Roleplaying Community. We met several of those players in real life and had a blast.
    I quit the game for good end of May 2011, when I gave my account info to a friend in the ARPC, since I didn't want to lose the house that was attached to it (the house was one of the oldest houses in UO, I think placed in the first landrush, and featured on Stratics), and today I found out the house still stands!

While AOS has truly changed the game, for me it was the community, the players that held me there.

Mata and vingno like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.