The Prices of Crafted Armor

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Jarek Aumarr, Dec 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jarek Aumarr

Jarek Aumarr Avatar

Hello,

Right now it takes three spider carapace and two suet to make Fustian Cloth Boots with Hardened Leather. The prices of just those five items on the public market are around 4k. Yet, I can't get 4k for the boots. Has anyone else noticed this or am I missing something?

I am in the camp of people that really like how hard collecting and crafting is. I spend a lot of time making the stuff I use (especially since I continue to sell my bow by accident, but that is for a different thread). However, looking around at armor prices it doesn't seem worth it to sell the armor at all, as we'd get more selling the raw materials.

Any thoughts?

Lore Derwyddon

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  2. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

You're missing the part where you are suppose to be a gatherer or in co-hoots with a gatherer to get those mats for free so you don't have to pay those excessive prices to someone else, I guess? ;)

3. Noric

Noric Avatar

I would say the big difference is that those mats can be used to make any piece of armor rather than a set one. Well that and the fact that tons of people have spare armor from trying to make crit of each slot.

Moiseyev Trueden and Elwyn like this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Sorry but since the economy will not even come close to being established, and anywhere near stable, until about 2 - 4 months after release for resources and at least 6 - 8 months for items there is no real point in even trying to speculate what costs are now.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
  5. John_Doe

John_Doe Avatar

What we have now is very immature in the dev cycle, the market from vendors is highly inflated. I would actually be surprise if they get worked out and stable at any point in E1. I hope I'm wrong about that but I do think the in game economy is something they are going to struggle with for quite some time. They have just created way too many backer options for any obvious solution to work effectively.

For your current challenge, just accept you are playing around with it for the time being. They are still just creating place holders, proof of concepts right now. Things could changes quite a bit from now to E1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.