The PVP Diaries

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Audacity, Aug 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

Day 3

Dear Diary,

When I entered Grunvald Shardfall tonight, I expected it to be completely absent of action just like the last two evenings. I had finally convinced a couple of guildmates to keep me company and we had two random pick up members tagging along. I insisted that we head directly to the middle because, honestly, who doesn't want to belly dance on the tip of a shard?

Imagine my surprise when I saw a red name standing on that very spot! Not just any avatar either. He was magnificent- all decked out in this really cool outfit with amazing wings! His name was Jack Pirate and I had to run up and say hi. My party ran up behind me and we started to chat. He thanked us for complimenting his outfit and then flashed a wicked grin.

The next part is a bit hazy but all 5 of our party ended up at the Ankh. "Holy.... what level were they??" asked a party member, looking a bit dazed. "Zappy level" I assured him. Well Diary, let me tell you one thing I learned. Lightning is really owie!

We woke up surrounded by a group of giants. One, Corp Por, stepped forward and said, "Welcome to Grunvald. There are plenty of beetles here, so tell your friends". I looked from one face to the next. There was Allahu Akbar, Ir, and of course smiling Jack.

Finally! I was having some pvp fun! I felt my heart start beating with excitement. "THAT WAS SUPER FUN!," I exclaimed and asked hopefully, "Can we do it again?" With an indulgent smile, Corp Por nodded and beckoned me forward. Diary, I will spare you the sad details and just let you know that these guys were really good at handing out spankings.

But then they offered a hand to help us up off our backsides and we started to chat. It was so nice for them to take some time out from luring hapless victims to their doom to help out a neophyte and give me some tips. Such fun people! We were having a wonderful conversation about good places to practice pvp when a shadow fell over the proceedings. One of the pick-up members from our party used the distraction to pickpocket one of the folks who had been kind enough to stop and share their knowledge with us. That was a bummer and understandably put an end to an otherwise fun evening.

So Diary, that's the story of my first time. I sure hope I run into those guys again! They were tots cool.

Today's Lessons Learned:
    1. Never stand up in a bunch when in pvp. That's just asking for a lightning bolt to the face!
    2. Know who you are grouped with in pvp. Their actions reflect on your rep.
    3. Beware of magnificent bastards in wings. (Why do I always run towards the bad boys?)

Yours,
    Audi

@Jackdepirate and @Corp Por Thanks for the fun night. I couldn't find the other's forum names to tag them but please pass on my regards.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    Dinsoo, Doctor, CrazyPhil and 17 others like this.
  2. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

Did I read that correctly? Jack Pirate killed all 5 of you at once?

Abydos, Acred and Vox Aquila like this.
  3. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

No, he was the bait for his three other friends who were hiding :)

4. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

Day 4

Dear Diary,

"Remember that time you totally stalked me and then shot me in the face?" That's so how I envision starting future conversations over ale with my new friend, Klank Arouni.

It all started when I was busy crafting away in Wizards Rest and my dang loom shuttle broke. No biggie, I thought, I'll just pop over to Owl's Head for a quick repair. Just as I was finishing up in Owl's Head and about to exit the city it happened. You know that searing pain flashed with red followed quickly by the realization that you completely forgot you were flagged for pvp. No? Yeah I guess that may just be me who does things like that.

I quickly sent him a message saying hi and thanking him for the great lesson in humility. "I've been stalking you for a while now. Didn't you see me at all?," he asked. Diary, it was super embarrassing to admit that I forgot I was flagged and even had my healing deck equipped. As usual, I pressed my luck and audaciously asked for another shot. "Can we please do it again?" I asked. "It won't be a fair fight," he warned as I was clearly out-leveled and out-classed. But I assured him that was the best way for me to learn and he graciously agreed to meet me near the vendors for a rematch. I switched over to my offensive deck and he stood there waiting for me to take the first shot.

It wasn't a very long battle. Those passing by who happened to blink at that moment probably missed the entire event. But afterwards Klank shared some amazing tips with me and we became fast friends. I even got an invitation to go visit that great town in the Horned Society. In fact, a lil bit later we were totally hanging out massacring trolls together.

Today's Lessons Learned:
    1. Always be aware of my surroundings.
    2. I need to check out earthquake and obsidian arrow.
    3. Stalkers aren't always creepy.

Yours,
    Audi

Sadly I couldn't find Klank on the forums to link him here, but he was super fun and patient.

Doctor, 4EverLost, Abydos and 10 others like this.
  5. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

Day 5:

Dear Diary,

You have died at the hands of other outlanders. The Oracle has decided upon a Price for this conflict. That's fine Oracle but did it have to be my pants?

It was the second time in the last 5 minutes that I'd battled with Asklepios. The first time I'd sent him a message that simply said "Nice to meet you. You hit hard."

"Want one more chance?," he invited and of course I absolutely took him up on the offer with the request that he give me some tips afterwards. So, we'd engaged in our second fracas and I completely lost my pants on that one.

"Don't worry," he sent to me afterwards. "I didn't take your items this time." While kind, that actually made it worse because then I had to run back to him without any pants on so I could retrieve them from the ground. Let me tell you Diary, that was kinda embarrassing. I can so see this becoming a habit if I'm not careful.

Asklepios was amazing and gave me some great advice, particularly on moving more. Then he wisely suggested, "Maybe better to stay with the Oracle's protection for a while to save some gold. At least until you get some more practice." But Diary, you know me well enough to know that I am far from wise.

"That would totally be the smart thing, but I'm having fun," I said with a grin. "Plus, I get to meet so many nice people who have stabbed me." He laughed loudly and conceded that I was right. "Stay just like this," he agreed.

Running through Eastreach Gap is 1000 times more fun when flagged for pvp!

Today's Lessons Learned:
    1. I totally need to look into dash or blink.
    2. Must remember to carry an extra set of pants... or start a pants-less trend.

Yours,
    Audi

Couldn't find Asklepios on the forums, but he was really a lot of fun.

Day 6,

Dear Diary,

I totally got to meet Oba Evesor today! I've been keeping an eye out for him ever since his name was mentioned as one of the great pvp instructors. As always, just when you least expect to see someone, you randomly run into them. I was on my way from home to Wizards Rest after a great guild hunt in Deep Ravenswood when I heard someone ask, "Enjoying the pvp flag?" I turned and there HE was. Diary, that was super fun! Although he was obviously ready to pack it up for the evening, he still took some time to chat with this clueless girl and even added me to his list of friends.

Today's Lesson Learned:
    1. This pvp community is made up of really friendly, completely awesome people

Yours,
    Audi

@Oba Evesor Thanks for taking the time out at the end of your day to chat with me. Hope to run into you again!

I've been through all my chat logs and I think that catches me up to date. Can't wait to see what future adventures hold and make more stabby friends.

Doctor, 4EverLost, Abydos and 9 others like this.
  6. Jackdepirate

Jackdepirate Avatar

We were actually all leaving, and they were ahead of me as I was throwing some music on. I come back and see 5 people standing in front of me weapons drawn telling me "don't mind us" so I let everyone know there was a party going on in the centre. ;) They came rushing in like the apocalypse horsemen and well.. You know the rest.

Abydos, Acred, Vox Aquila and 4 others like this.
  7. Fizzlebang

Fizzlebang Avatar

I wanna be in a diary entry. D:

8. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

This totally ruins my mental image that you were belly dancing in that spot just before we arrived.

9. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

Yay! Let's do this thing. <3

Abydos, Acred and Vox Aquila like this.
  10. Fizzlebang

Fizzlebang Avatar

Add me in game (Fizzlebang). :D I'll be getting on in a bit.

11. moko

moko Avatar

Awesome postings @Audacity, I hope you'll continue like this! Makes me nearly want to join in in the PVP fun as well but I'd be worm bait at best :p

12. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

You totally should! We can be worm bait together and seek out all the interesting and best ways to learn and die.

13. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

Day 8

Dear Diary,

Have you ever witnessed masters in battle with one another? I got super lucky tonight and was able to see such a thing. These guys were blinking around like gods on speed all the while slinging spells and jabbing pointy things at one another. It was breathtaking. The ground was literally covered in bones and they tirelessly continued to fight. Diary, I won't lie to you... my heart was beating so fast and I was so excited that I couldn't stand still. I was running around trying to follow the action as they disappeared and reappeared all around me. I didn't want to miss a thing.

It all started when I decided to stalk a star. I'd heard rumors about the pvp prowess of Fizzlebang so I made it a point of running into him so that I could see for myself. As I caught up to Fizzlebang he invited me to join him and some of his friends at the rim of Grunvald Shardfall. When I arrived, I was introduced to some really cool guys, Belgtor Stalkingwolf and Pentium Ironshade.

Without wasting any time, Fizzlebang got down to business. He knew what I'd come to learn. He casually tossed me a wave and asked, "Want to duel any of us?" Well, of course I did! All he said was, "Go" and it was on. I asked him afterwards if my attack even tickled a little and he laughed good-naturedly as he informed that that the only damage he actually took was what he'd done to himself. "Well," I retorted, "I bet my getting my blood off your outfit will at least be a pain." Diary, he seriously just shrugged and said "Eh, I got quite bloody today. It all blends together." Isn't that just awesome!

Next I got to play with Pentium. I actually lasted a bit longer that time, but to be honest, I am pretty sure he was taking it easy on me. That was super fun though! I turned around from thanking Pentium, and that is when I first saw it. Fizzlebang and Belgtor had begun their dance of death. It was one of the coolest things I've seen. I seriously could have watched those two all night. As I was witnessing their amazing battles I kept thinking to myself, ye gods I want to be able to do that some day. I looked over to Pentium with wide eyes and whispered, "I have got to get me some blink." Without taking his eyes off the two combatants he nodded, "Yes. You do." Then, with a bow, he was gone.

After showing me some awesome blink tricks like jumping off the tallest shard and surviving by blinking out (Diary, I really tried super hard to encourage them to belly dance while up there but I had absolutely no luck with either of them), Fizzlebang and Belgtor offered to show me something really amazing. My head was spinning from all the amazing things I had already seen, but you know that I'm always game for some adventure so I followed them.

They were right. I don't have words to do the Libris Ruins justice. I will just say that it's a place that all avatars should visit. As we stood high atop a wall looking down at the beautiful and deadly scene below us, I spoke the question I'd been dying to ask. "Any words of wisdom for me in my pvp quest before I leave?" They had a lot of practical advice which I think will be invaluable. There was one thing that really stood out. "A large part of pvp is knowing your enemy," Belgtor sagely advised as Fizzlebang nodded his agreement. "Big numbers will make you solid but knowing the flow of combat will make you water" he continued. "Be water my friend."

This was completely one of the best nights I've had since coming to this place. I thanked them and enthusiastically declared that they really knew how to show a girl a good time. With a smirk, Fizzlebang responded, "Not the first time I've been told that." "Yes it was," his friend Belgtor teased. I can totally tell these guys are just going to be a blast! I am so glad I met them.

Today's Lessons Learned:
    • Get Torpid Torment and totally punish greedy mana use
    • Watch and learn. Must see more pvp done right.
    • Be water. Menacing, ruthless, blood-crazed water.
    Yours,
    Audi

Special thanks to @Fizzlebang @Belgtor and @Pentium Ironshade who truly do know how to show a girl an amazing time!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2016
    Doctor, Lady Cind, 4EverLost and 8 others like this.
  14. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

Dear Diary,

Visiting the Horned Society makes my clothes fall off. Luckily, I learned my prior lessons well so I came prepared with a dress to put on in case of emergency. I totally got to check this off my wish list. I'd been wanting to visit a pvp town for a while now and it was amazing fun!

You see, I had learned a new dance called the Starrlton and wanted to share it with my friend, Klank Arouni. He invited me over to visit and gave me the grand tour. Of course, his version of the tour included jumping from roof top to roof top. "I'm a parkour master," he said with a grin as he leaped to the roof below. What the heck, I thought. Then I ran and jumped. Then I ran back from the ankh to retrieve my top.

We dueled a bit while Klank tried not to laugh at my feeble attempts to show off my newly acquired root and torpid torment skills. See Diary, I totally pay attention to my lessons learned! "Let's see if I can just heal through your burst," Klank finally said after it was obvious that I still had a lot more training to do in order to actually hold my own against him. "Oh, do I have a burst?" I laughed. We decided that I, in fact, do not yet have a burst. "Why," I lamented as I ran back to retrieve my items "must it always be my pants?" "You're just that kind of girl," Klank teased. Well Diary, it's hard to argue without pants. That was when I changed into my emergency dress.

Then Corp Por showed up so I could totally infect him with the Starrlton dance as well! I introduced them and had much fun watching those two dueling. After I totally showed off my new blink skill to Corp Por, he challenged Klank and me to a 2v1 battle. Just as we were getting started, a whispered laugh floated across the wind.

Well, maybe it was carried across the wind on an ice arrow. And maybe that ice arrow was aimed at our faces. Although we could see no one around, Abydos made his presence known in his own unique (and mostly painful) way. He obviously wasn't trying to do any real harm. I like to think of it as his playful way of instigating a snowball fight only instead of snow, he uses piercing chunks of frozen water- all the while staying completely hidden.

"Why don't you come out and play Abydos?" Corp Por challenged. And he totally did! We tried combinations of 2v1 and 3v1 but even though we did win once, Corp Por held the day against us all in the end. "You still hit like a truck," I told Corp Por and blew him a kiss. He was such a good sport letting us all go up against him together.

After the fun battles, we chatted a bit as you do when you've spilled each other's blood in an honorable fight. Even the mischievous imp, Abydos, behaved for a time. "It's so hard for me to resist pick-pocketing you all. Arggg... I must resist," he sighed. Then he complimented my dress and invited me to place my head in his guillotine. But since a girl can only have so much fun in one day, I decided not to lose my head this time. I can't wait to go back for my next visit!

Today's Lessons Learned:
    1. The will alone is not enough to make that jump. I need to improve my speed.
    2. Learning the skills is only half the battle. Must continue to watch and practice if I want to be water.
    3. Life in a pvp town seems super fun.

Yours,

Audi

Thanks so much for the great afternoon and practice! @Corp Por @Abydos Klank Arouni

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
    Doctor, Acred, Lady Cind and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.