The Race to Home Ownership

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PureEffort, Mar 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Ahh, okay. Now it all makes sense.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  2. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Logged in, have 2 sales! Pine Timber x4 for 180g, Hardened Leather x3 for 999. Thanks kind strangers!

There's 2 gold ingots for sale for 120 gold, I'll snatch those up, thank you! Worth about 200 each, I'll resell for 150 each.

It's probably terrible for my time to gold ratio, but I am doing some fishing on the way. Even though I'm trying to earn gold quickly, I can't help but have fun in our amazing world!

I've been told to go mine in Whiteguard Foothills. But since I know what I'm doing in the Soltown Catacombs now, I'm excited to do a quick pass. I'm only taking about 80 arrows so I doubt I'll go into Solania. I want to finish up this stack of non-stackable arrows once and for all! If I have to fire punch my way back out, so be it.

29 arrows left, I'm going to the Solania Catacombs to burn them off. And back into Soltown Catacombs with 3 arrows. Should only be 1 guy in the way though.

There was two. Flame fist to the rescue! Forgot about the skeleton, tried to flame fist him but got bored and eventually left. He was humiliated.

And there appears to be no arrows in Soltown?

I got a Bronze COTO! Waaaaat! I also gave that free wolf hat away to another new player.

Got some arrows from Solace Outskirts, did a round of looting and murdering bandits.

Whiteguard Foothills. Looks like I can take 5 melee bandits at once. The beauty of ranged! There's someone else here, so we're competing for mats.

I found the mine entrance. I am 99% sure this was not here before.

Ooooh shiny! And 3 Large Skeletons! And they are done, and I'm barely hurt. I'm sure everything is much easier than a while ago, those guys would have jacked me up before. I did eat a Chaox Pork and Beef Loaf and Baked Salmon, but still, they are yellow and barely moving my health bar. 3 - 6 damage per hit.

Oooh so much mining! This is a seriously cool and beautiful scene. No spoiler, but I just caught an enemy interacting with the environment!

Let the Chaox Pork and Beef wear off, still not in any danger from these guys. I'm still in starter gear but with a wolf headress and good bow, remember.

Woops! I'm in Solania! I should really read those tooltips before I click. That's ok, I am encumbered anyway. I had forgotten what it's like to not be able to switch to "Heavy Lifter" deck and recall home.

Ok, that's it for now.

Started:
    Total Time: 10:09
    Gold: 19332 + 650g worth of mats
    Wealth Change: +5596
    Weight: 46.8/112.5
    Str: 24, Dex: 36, Int: 10
    Ranged: 71
    AL/PL: 29/28

Today's Time: 1:26
    Total Time: 11:35
    Gold: 23,395 + 2300 worth of mats (39 ore 9 wood, 12 bark) + 1 COTO!
    Wealth Change: +8,013g
    Change per Hour: +5,603g (thanks COTO!)
    Weight: 39.8/113.5
    Ranged: 72
    AL/PL: 30/28

Kara Brae, Numa, Elirion and 2 others like this.
  3. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

Soltown has some free arrows in the ranged targets (i think 3 the last time i was there)
    and i think the red cloth seller has some arrows for sale....but i have not been there for 2 Releases so this may be outdatet

4. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Yes, Red Cloth guy, that is probably true.

5. Astirian

Astirian Avatar

I'm about to lose so much weight.

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Seriously, it's a good thing!

So I've moved the last of the rewards from Vic to Vlad. It inconveniently required me to go from Solania (I was going to go back in the mines) to Soltown because I'd pulled some off the Rewards panel before realizing they are super heavy to mail. I also gave 400 gold from Vic to Vlad to "pay" up to the amount of bank space I have, so at this point it is as though I've bought those bank spaces with gold.

When doing things like this, admin caused by making this character be a "basic account", bug reports, typing up these posts, or walking away from the computer for much time, I stop the timer I keep going.

Also, I'm super tempted as Vlad to buy the things I have listed on Ardoris because they are still under priced, and I could throw them on vendors or use them and make a profit, but I won't. In the case of buying from Vic on PV by Vlad, I'll refrain even if it's a good deal.

However, eventually Vic is going to make it out to the Factorium, and I'm not going to stop him from partaking in the crafting that is publicly available to everyone, just as I don't restrict him from selling to S Mart when there are buy orders up that he can fill.

It's a bit restrictive, but I can do it anyway.

Rentier likes this.
  7. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Ugh.... I was wondering why I'm only getting 1 scrap from every weapon, even though my salvaging skill is going up. It's because it wasn't my salvaging skill, it was the blacksmithing skill. I hadn't opened salvage. :(

Now I have. What a waste up until now!

So, Dog, Soltown, Whiteguard Foothills -> Mine. I took Viola as S'Mart Sales with me to the mine so she could see its prettyness, normally I wouldn't because Vic needs all the loots! But it was nice for her to get to see it, and S'Mart Sales is also fairly low level so she had a good time.

Started:
    Total Time: 11:35
    Gold: 23,395 + 2300 worth of mats (39 ore 9 wood, 12 bark) + 1 COTO!
    Wealth Change: +8,013g
    Change per Hour: +5,603g (thanks COTO!)
    Weight: 39.8/113.5
    Ranged: 72
    AL/PL: 30/28

Today's Time: 1:13
    Total Time: 12:48
    Gold: 25,339 + 7250 worth of mats (84 ore 27 wood, 13 bark, 1 beetle!) + 1 COTO
    Wealth Change: +6,894g
    Change per Hour: +5,697g
    Weight: 39.3/114.5
    Str: 25, Dex: 36, Int: 10
    Ranged: 73
    AL/PL: 31/29

Of course, all the mats values are estimates. I put the beetle at 550, but I'm seeing them trying to be sold for 980 in Trade! :eek:

And also, I'll have to spend some time dumping these resources eventually, meaning that gold per hour ratio will take a hit.

Rentier likes this.
  8. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Mh. I am selling my beetles far too cheap. Lesson learned ^^

9. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I doubt he's getting that, but I've personally sold for 580 recently, and wouldn't be surprised if the ones in the 700's are actually moving.

10. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Man, I've been selling beetle for 400.

11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

399 here :rolleyes:

12. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Woo! At the current rate about 110 ig hours to for him to afford a row lot deed ig

Numa likes this.
  13. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

*closes eyes and rants*
    "I never will sell my beetles (after one yeear and some crafting usage for my cloth gear still have only ~400 of them), never ever.....but ......but 700 per....no , not ever"
    *drinks another shot*

14. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Lol, ah the free market!

Doing another run through Lost Whiteguard Silver Mine. I'm still enjoying it, and haven't totally figured out the turns our a "route" yet, so it's not grindy yet. I anticipate doing it a few more times while spacing it between other things, before moving on for good. I'm not a fan of grinding, and there are a ton of different locations in Shroud, so I'll take advantage of that and tour while I'm playing.

Found a "Stuck" spot, that weirded out this run.

Started:
    Total Time: 12:48
    Gold: 25,339 + 7250 worth of mats (84 ore 27 wood, 13 bark, 1 beetle!) + 1 COTO
    Wealth Change: +6,894g
    Change per Hour: +5,697g
    Weight: 39.3/114.5
    Ranged: 73

Today's Time: 0:50
    Total Time: 13:38
    Gold: 27,209 + 9850 worth of mats (140 ore 28 wood, 13 bark, 1 beetle, 2 nickel) + 1 COTO
    Wealth Change: +4,470g
    Change per Hour: +5,385g
    Weight: 20.05/115.5
    Ranged: 74

I'm also hording other things, granite, starting to keep fragments, scraps, but not including them in the totals because I don't want to waste that much of my life on things worth 2g.

It also seems like scrapping rusty weapons always gets 1 metal scrap, so it's far better to sell them. I got something like 40 out of 2 triangle shields, but get 1 from rusty weapons every time.

Bow Vale and Rentier like this.
  15. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Tonight's not going to make me much gold as I'll be laying some groundwork. I wanted to get some crafted goods listed on the major PV's around Novia/Hidden Vale for the weekend.

I have purposely been Friending very few people, as I wanted to force myself to do some walking before teleporting. So I'm going to either walk or use Lunar Rifts to hit up most of the major cities right now, while doing some crafting and gathering of recipes along the way.

No luck getting anyone in Ardoris to teach me Timber from Scrap recipes, so I'm moving out! I changed the COTO to a Potion of Capacity and listed it on the vendor for 3299 I think. I listed the Beetle for 579. Lets see if those new prices are real.

Ah, someone whispered me and I'm going back to get the recipes.

45 minutes in, I've listed 2 more wall torches, and 3 hanging plants, one of each type, plus the stuff already mentioned above.

Went to Soltown to get everything else out of the bank. To get scraps, and feel better about running in circles for an hour, I did a run through the sewers. Opened up Carpentry Repair and Salvage, and then got enough scraps to discover Wooden Storage Chest and Trunk. Back to Ardoris to list those for the weekend, and now heading out!

First stop, Bastions Point. 6007g in sales to @Fiero Steele . Sorry for wiping you out man, I know when I see 50 things in my mail I kind of dread it, but I also totally appreciate it!

I still have lots of iron though, so I'm going to hit up S Mart and sell the rest. Fiero has better prices, that's for sure. 1860g from S Mart.

Still think something is wonky with difficulty. I'm going through East Reach Gap and the Large Corpion in this 5 Skull area, Bright Orange difficulty, is hitting me for 5 points of damage. Other than my wolf hat I'm still in starter gear! Skeleton archers are hitting me for 13. If there weren't so many of them I could take them.

Got a beetle!

Whipped into Desolis to shed the last of the garbage. Learned Fire Arrow and Discharge so I can do up some combos!

Spent 1350 on 10 Tin. Ten Tin. :p In Brittany Alleys at the Broken Pickaxe, best place in Novia for low priced Mats! Anyway, I have a plan for it, just need to find a recipe.

Off to Owl's Head. Bought an Earthenware Beirkurg recipe. Put "The Alchemist" by H.P. Lovecraft on the PV, a beetle, and some teleport scrolls that I looted.

Lunar Rift to Etceter. Delivered mail! Off to Aerie, I'm looking for a recipe, and I might as well start up the Truth questline while I'm there.

Aerie, bought all 4 of the Kitchen recipes. Now we're playing with flour! And I put a dinner set up for sale on the PV. Quite lovely, if I do say so myself!

Time for bed.... that was a long one, much wandering. But the groundwork for moving past being a simple miner has been laid.

Started:
    Total Time: 13:38
    Gold: 27,209 + 9850 worth of mats (140 ore 28 wood, 13 bark, 1 beetle, 2 nickel) + 1 COTO
    Wealth Change: +4,470g
    Change per Hour: +5,385g
    Weight: 20.05/115.5
    Ranged: 74

Today's Time: 2:40
    Total Time: 16:18
    Gold: 33,228 +1200 worth of mats at Broken Pickaxe prices
    Wealth Change: -2,631g
    Change per Hour: -989g
    Weight: 55.2/115.5
    Ranged: 74 Blacksmithing: 56 Carpentry: 48
    AL/PL: 32/30
    + 2 skills and 5 paid for recipes, and ~10 new listings on PV.

Rentier, Rhiannon and Bow Vale like this.
  16. Fiero Steele

Fiero Steele Avatar

No problem, that's what its for and I'm seeing more new players finding my vendor and buying things.

Rentier and Vladamir Begemot like this.
  17. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Excellent. Well it saved my butt from having to lug all that stuff along with me through the pass as I moved on to new locals, so thanks again!

Rentier likes this.
  18. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Tough day in the Outland, so got at the game late. Cambria's birthday, so party time for Vlad!

But I took a quick 1 minute to check out Vic and get his Oracle, and have 4 sales!

Obsidian Potion that I got with the COTO for 3299 in Ardoris.
    Beetle Carapace for 575 in Ardoris!
    Beetle Carapace for 599 in Owl's Head!!
    Trunk for 199 in Ardoris :)

So this'll be funny:

Started:
    Total Time: 16:18
    Gold: 33,228 +1200 worth of mats at Broken Pickaxe prices
    Wealth Change: -2,631g
    Change per Hour: -989g

Today's Time: 0:01
    Total Time: 16:19
    Gold: 38,400 +1200 worth of mats at Broken Pickaxe prices
    Wealth Change: +5,172g
    Change per Hour: +323,250g ( :p )

Rentier and Vaentorian like this.
  19. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Burned an hour and a half mostly running around crafting and loading Public Vendors.

I did do a bit of looting in a Tier 1 outside of Owl's Head, so I could get enough wood to do up some chests and whatnot.

I think the cooking was a giant waste of time, but I've always wanted to do it! This is the hard part of Shroud, there are so many options it's easy to get sidetracked (or go shopping and blow all your cash.)

Not to mention I was super tired, so my brain was only halfway working. I did deliver some mail a couple times though, and that helped make back some gold I spent at the PV's.

Started:
    Total Time: 16:19
    Gold: 38,400 +1200 worth of mats at Broken Pickaxe prices
    Wealth Change: +5,172g
    Change per Hour: +323,250g ( :p )

Today's Time: 1:30
    Total Time: 17:49
    Gold: 38,387 +700 worth of mats
    Wealth Change: -513g
    Change per Hour: +-342g/hr
    Weight: 78.5/116.5
    Ranged: 75 Blacksmithing: 57 Carpentry: 50 Milling: 38 Cooking: 42
    AL/PL: 32/32

Rentier and Numa like this.
  20. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

And along the way you stopped at every town and talked with the town crier to collect 100gp from each, right?

Dara Brae is a friendly town and our town crier cannot wait to give you 100gp.

Numa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.