Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The "Skip NPC Conversations" with Vendors Option

Discussion in 'Release 44 Feedback Forum' started by r-DotPhunky, Jul 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r-DotPhunky

r-DotPhunky Avatar

Hello all,

In a post last release I took issue with the need for multiple clicks to open the vendor.

A kind player pointed out that this was now an option; I could check a box in options and be back to 1-click vendoring (which I like).

Except that now... I completely lose the ability to converse with the vendor. I can't get the vendor's name (another thing I like - lets me know I've spoken to someone) and if that vendor has anything important to say to me at all - I am seemingly blocked from seeing it.

First a question: Am I missing something there? Could someone verify that? Is that a bug or a decision?

If it is truly happening that way... could we have the option to... you know... conduct business while chatting with the vendor? I am a pretty chatty cat... if there's something to talk about while I peruse the goods... I'd like to see it.

Thanks for reading,

Romaan Sebulska

Elwyn, Tamsen, Quenton and 2 others like this.
  2. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

There are indeed merchants that are part of quests, whose dialog you will miss with that option selected.
    That isn't good. I too like to get right to the store, and its buy and sell activities, most of the time but
    would still like the option of engaging any particular merchant in conversation at my convenience, or having
    the NPC initiate a convo if they might be relevant to any quest I might be currently involved with,
    and without having to get into the settings and turning a switch on or off. That's what I think would be good.

Tamsen and Quenton like this.
  3. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

I kind of think this should be revamped.

When you talk to a vendor, you're usually wanting to buy/sell rather than find out how they're doing. I'm pretty sure everyone is the same boat; we've just gotten used to that extra step of clicking buy.

Easiest solution might be to have the buy/sell window come up by default, but closing it doesn't end the conversation - so you can have a conversation and trade at the same time, or close the trade window and converse.

r-DotPhunky and Hermetic like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.