The Sword of Midras Question.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by scarar, Jun 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scarar

scarar Avatar

I can't find anything about the The Sword of Midras in my specials rewards tab, I'm pledger of $800 for the Knight level. I'm confused if I'm eligible to get this gift and I don't have anything in my special rewards tab. I'm confused about the special rewards if I'm eligible to get any of them under the Pledge gift section.
    V/r

Scarar

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

The Sword of Midras is an expanded version of Blade of the Avatar that can be found at the foot of the Special Rewards tab on your account.

Time Lord, Womby and enderandrew like this.
  3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

You received a PDF copy of The Blade of the Avatar in your account page. This was part of your pledge. All pledges that receive the book receive this version.

The Sword of Madras is an expanded version of the Blade of the Avatar with 4 more chapters. This will only be available to purchase.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Taken from the newsletter (which I presume you got @scarar ?), where it was all covered:

[NOTE: The Sword of Midras is not the version of the novel included in the SotA pledge rewards. The original Blade of the Avatar novel has already been delivered as an electronic PDF to all pledges prior to May 31, 2015 (when it expired). For those who qualify for this reward, you can find the link to the PDF on your SotA website account page Special Rewards tab for download. The physical and signed version of the novel that was a reward at the Citizen (and above) level up through May 31, 2015 will be a paperback print version of the original Blade of the Avatar novel that has been delivered as an electronic PDF. This physical reward will be delivered to backers at the same time that all physical rewards are delivered, which we currently expect will be toward the end of this year].

Time Lord likes this.
  5. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

It was clarified today that the pledge rewards are for Blade of the Avatar. You should have access to a PDF version of it, and at your tier I also believe you'll get a signed printed paperback version of the book if you are a Founder (backed the game earlier enough).

Sword of Midras is a reamed version of that book with some changes and four new chapters added in. It is being sold as a hardcover book, and as an audiobook.

PK U and Time Lord like this.
  6. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

When did you back? If you pledged after May 31, 2015 then it wouldn't have been reward for you.

If you pledged before that date then:
    1. Click on Account in the upper right of the site home page.
    2. Select the Special Rewards tab.
    3. Look for this at the bottom of the page:

[​IMG]

Time Lord and Miracle Dragon like this.
  7. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

There is also an in-game version, isn't there?

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Furious Farmer

Furious Farmer Avatar

Anyone know which book is included with the add-on store purchase? Tracy Hickman's Shroud of the Avatar Novel (digital & physical) $45
    For $45, I thought it would be hardcover.

Bubonic and Time Lord like this.
  9. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

In game, the individual chapters of BotA are books. So you can collect all those books and read all of BotA in game.

Time Lord and Miracle Dragon like this.
  10. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

From just reading the latest update on the front page, it will be paper back, not hardcover. I also thought it would be hardcover. Also, the book included with the pledges will be the original 'Blade of the Avatar' which is the same as the PDF download included on the account page. This basically means that if you want the extra 4 chapters, you would need to purchase the 'Sword of Midras'.

You can read about it here.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. finsbury

finsbury Avatar

Was it available for all pledge levels? I pledged in 2014, but I don't have a link to the pdf on my Special Rewards tab.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

As far as I have seen only the epilog and first 3 chapters.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

I don't think it was available at ALL pledge levels...at least I don't remember it at the lower ones.

Time Lord and finsbury like this.
  14. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

The Pledge Information is still available on the Pledges page. From the First Responder pledge page: ($25 Pledge)

[​IMG]

There is much information available for those who will go seek it out.

15. slapshot1188

slapshot1188 Avatar

They should really give backers the full novel as a download. Charging again for just 4 new chapters seems pretty lame.

Ashlynn [Pax], PK U, Bubonic and 11 others like this.
  16. DyNaMiX

DyNaMiX Avatar

Or told us they planned an expanded edition later... now I've paid for a book I don't need and was never bothered to convert into a useful format. PDF and ebook readers go down terribly. :/

Time Lord, KuBaTRiZeS and Logain like this.
  17. finsbury

finsbury Avatar

Thanks both. Didn't think to check first responder as I was only looking at the May 2015 date.

Time Lord likes this.
  18. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

If you remember the deal for the expanded version came well after the inclusion of the Blade of the Avatar was included in the pledges. I guess they should have realized that someone in the future would want to publish the book sometime later and that they'd want to expanded it by four chapters. That way they could have included the new book as a pledge reward well bore they knew it was going to be published.

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Seems legit.

Time Lord likes this.
  20. DyNaMiX

DyNaMiX Avatar

Planning.

Why stop there then? Why not give people selected versions of the game? Every time the game updates, original pledges receive it as the game and content updates. Why not offer a discounted option for original supporters who now have redundant items but would be happy to contribute a little extra to replace said item? My gripe is that I wanted the book, and I got it. Now the book has changed. The problem is I can't exchange the book having known they were going to do this. And don't tell me "they couldn't forsee it". This game isn't organised on a day to day basis.

We're often told how pledges are an investment and the end product will change. Then how come in some instances that isn't so and it will cost extra?

What is the cover art changes before release? A valid change, of course. Are the original boxed pledges going to receive the original box cover art they pledged for?

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.