The True Cost of Shroud of the Avatar

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by moxiepilot, Aug 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I'm just wondering what I will do in two years when Windows 7 goes off support. I really do not want anything to do with Windows 10, so if Apple doesn't make something even halfway decent in that time, I'm going all in for gaming on Linux.

Alley Oop and Feeyo like this.
  2. Warrior B'Patrick

Warrior B'Patrick Avatar

Greetings all and @Elwyn, I use my mac for games and my surface when the Mac is busy buy I know that with a non replaceable graphics card and "Let me do that for you" architecture my Mac will never be a great game player. But is is an OK game player.But there are pluses and minuses to all three platforms. I support both Mac and Windows and am certified with both. Which brings me to the info for @Elwyn. Please check with Apple service about your graphics issues. There was a "Known Defect" notice sent out that would repair some 15" and 17" MBP in the 2011 to 2012 range even if they were out of warranty. If you paid for it to be repaired that will offer some of the money back. Here is the notice https://www.apple.com/uk/support/macbookpro-videoissues/

Hope that helps all the MBPros that are playing recover some of the cost to play and please, let's not side tract this OP to discuss Mac vs Win. PM me direct if you want to talk about that.

3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Yes, and that extension ended December 2016. My MBP failed in Februrary or March. I think I got it fixed better than Apple would have anyhow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.