Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

The Vigilante Brief - Broken

Discussion in 'Release 43 Bug Forum' started by TalonZorch, Jul 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TalonZorch

TalonZorch Avatar

1. Title: The Vigilante Brief - Broken
    2. Reproduction Rate: 100%
    3. Blocker? partial
    4. Details: I got the Quest from Alberic to search the Vigilante Main Camp for solid evidence. I have clicked every possible thing inside the camp, killed every inhabitant a dozen times, no new evidence Item spawns or can be tracked anywhere.
    5. Steps to Reproduce: Get the quest from Alberic. Go to the camp - kill / klick everything. Despair.
    6. User Specs: Win 10 64Bit, AMD X4 640, Nvidia GeForce 970, 629.Date.07.07.17

2. Rentier

Rentier Avatar

Did you speak to Phineas?

3. TalonZorch

TalonZorch Avatar

Yes. I spoke to him - and he gave me some quests. From the Questline of Phineas I am now at the point where I have to gather the poison from the Queen Spider. Sadly this Queen Spider won't drop any poison for me (as seen in the second bug report). Are these intertwined and I can only progress on the Vigilante Brief after completion of the poison quest?

4. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Did you try killing vigilantes you meet and searching/looting their corpses for possible information?

As for the spider queen - are you playing offline or online? There seems to be an issue with drops in offline.

discipleofweb likes this.
  5. TalonZorch

TalonZorch Avatar

I am playing online, and have killed ... about ... thousands? of the vigilantes :) No third clue on them.

6. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Ah, I see. My mistake. Yes, you need to get the 2 venom sacks off the wolf spider queen in the spider den. Until a fix is in, I'm afraid the only way to get the drop is to keep killing the spider queen, field dress and hope you get them. Are you certain you haven't already acquired the venom sacks? They look exactly like the regular fangs that drop off the smaller spiders, but the mouse-over description reads, "Wolf Spider Queen Venom Sack - Unusually large venom sack from a frighteningly large wolf spider queen."
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByZVhRN2u0TJTDBBeW9WZmM0a1U/view?usp=sharing

Rentier likes this.
  7. TalonZorch

TalonZorch Avatar

yes, I am sure that I do not have the venom sacks. Have killed the spider also some times again today - no drop.
    But what is quite strange: I still find Elf Scalps from the corrupted Elves that had been needed for the prior step of the quest. Any connection within these issues?

8. TalonZorch

TalonZorch Avatar

9. Puuk

Puuk Developer Emeritus

Probably. All these things are quest -flag associated drops, which has been causing some problems (as you've experienced). Our top people are on it, though.

I've experienced this with my live, normal character, but concerning the manifesto. My character got everything in the proper loot package except the manifesto, which is part of the awarded loot package that was called. I understand the frustration, but wacky bugs happen in an alpha. We'll get it worked out, though.

Rentier likes this.
  10. TalonZorch

TalonZorch Avatar

With the current state of the game - i got the poison from the spider - but sadly Phineas does not even want to talk with me anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.