Them eight legged freaks...

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by MalakBrightpalm, May 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

This is a minor issue, one that I'm sure will be rebalanced many times, but I figured I'd throw it up to make sure it got due attention (again).

Those spiders are savagely overpowered.

The venom effect gets a free bypass on armor and defensive stats. But, shouldn't that be because it's already in the victim's bloodstream?

Now I look up and the spiders are ranged attackers. So, they spit a glob at me that automatically bypasses my shield and armor and whatnot, goes straight through my skin, enters my bloodstream, and then justifies this by pointing out that my circulatory system has no defenses? Why not add CC and the ability to spawn additional spiders from my own body on-hit-proc?

The fact that this creature also has one of the largest aggro ranges, comes in multiples, and swarms, makes for something that... to put it in parlance from tabletop... ain't no CR1 encounter.

Just sayin'.

Razimus likes this.
  2. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I like the idea that there are creatures that can effectively pose a threat.

I don't find them particularly challenging by now, but, well, I hope the poison mechanic (and DoTs in general - 90 seconds for Shiv, really?) will be iterated on. At very least, the ranged attack *and* rooting can be a bit nasty to counter.

3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Spiders #1 should have only a limited amount of poison. I mean how much can they hold before they effectively run out?

I was thinking about poisons earlier and the idea occurred to me.. if we got hit by the same poison over and over again.. wouldn't we eventually build up an immunity to it? (Assuming it wasn't magical or ultra exotic).

Further thought.. if we had a spider's venom sac could we not in theory make a cure? Or something we could use that would make us temporarily immune for like an hour/day or something?

Katrina Bekers likes this.
  4. Selene

Selene Avatar

I was in solace bridge helping a new player and I was stunned by how much damage the teeny spiders in there can do to a level 50+ player.

I like the idea of building a poison resistance into the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.