Things I'd like to see 2020

Discussion in 'Lua Discussions' started by Tiina Onir, Mar 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiina Onir

Tiina Onir Avatar

So, I've gotten back to messing with LUA, and I wanted to get a handle on what I see as being greatly needed.

Updated documentation:
    The official LUA API doc is woefully out of date. I had to look through player-docs to find some working commands.

Better Coverage of UI windows:
    AFAICT we can (only) see if the paper-doll is open, and where it is. I'd like to be able to see other windows and their locations (Inventory, Skills, Util-bar, combat-bar, etc) If it's a UI element, let us know about it.

Filters: I'd like the ability to apply a filter to windows that list things. My character usually ends up carrying a proverbial junk-yard of things. If I could apply custom filters, that's seriously worth something to me.

Roll Log: I want a message at the end of a roll that lists at least Item-Name and Winner-Name. I've done some work on logging this, but trying to track across multiple messages is needlessly complex.

Party member order: As far as I know, this has never been fixed. That means if I want to reference the party by the order they are on the list, I can't. That's hugely unexpected for users.

@Chris The initial work on this was good stuff. The extended UI elements are great, too. Just a little bit more and we will be able to do almost anything that we can do without actual client interaction.

2. Lancell Lancermane

Lancell Lancermane Avatar

As a healer i have been waiting on the edge of my seat to be able to move the party "name plates".. being able to move it i can put it to the center of my screen .. i use 2 27 inch monitors and during a fight being the healer i never know whats going on because i have to focus to the left i my screen to keep everyone healed .. and now i have 12 .. which i love that idea but i would love to move the order of priority and place it where i need them so i can "not stand in the fire" and see if im taking hits cause i was to close or if it was AOE or just being attacked .. a quick glance doesnt always allow this ... PLEASE ATOS PLEASE let us do this!!!!!

3. Tristano Sforza

Tristano Sforza Avatar

Hello, I've made a party section with health and focus percentages I can move wherever I want in the screen. When focus percentage goes under 30% the name becomes blue (I play harp of invigoration) and when health percentage goes down the name becomes orange and then red. When health percentage goes under 30% a big red label appears in the center of my screen reporting the name of the wounded player. So we can already do something that helps healers :)

Dollar Bill, Violet Ronso and Numa like this.
  4. Dollar Bill

Dollar Bill Avatar

Sounds Awesome.
    Where can I get a copy of this?

Lancell Lancermane likes this.
  5. Tristano Sforza

Tristano Sforza Avatar

I didn't publish it yet here. Anyone interested can contact me on private here or in game (same name)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.