Things to do in Vikland?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Barugon, Jan 21, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Is there a list of all the quests and other things to do in Vikland?

2. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

There are many activities that can be done in this scene. Are they all listed yet, no (eventually, when I can get to it).

Cordelayne and Barugon like this.
  3. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

It seems like there's a lot of fun stuff to do there but every time I go, it's like I'm just fumbling around in the dark.

Cordelayne likes this.
  4. ConjurerDragon

ConjurerDragon Avatar

Try playing Thief: The dark project...

Anpu likes this.
  5. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Vikland didn't pique my interest because it looks too similar to The Outlaws Run. The terrain, the amount of trees, the resource placement... all are almost the same. Sure there are some different stuff there, but never enough to make me feel I'm playing a new scene.

Cordelayne likes this.
  6. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Here is a brief list for vikland:
    1. find amulet of testimony, and turn it in (daily quest).
    2. find the runestone - which can be used to alter your virtue at a monolith, or it can be used at a special teleporter (can be done daily).
    3. quest to loot the crates in vikland (one time quest).
    4. find the amulet of erling's mother (one time quest).
    5. collect smilodon bait, and use it to trigger wave battle (warning: final boss in this wave, the smilodon, has around 60,000 hp, but i am not sure if it always spawns).
    6. collect the vikland crstals - they can be used as deco, or they can be used to open a cave that leads to an otherwise unreachable portion of vikland (cave area with a puzzle, and the hidden valley). This one is related to #4 above.
    7. if you make it to the hidden valley, you can trigger a different wave battle there.
    8. several mini-treasure hunts in the main vikland area. to get these started you have to find an initial note. Then keys and notes drop as loot. I think there are 7 different mini-treasure hunts.
    9. Mine ore - there are silver and copper nodes. I cant recall if its the copper or silver nodes, but one of them gives the same xp as the ore in tanglemire, and they seem to respawn faster.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    Stevens, Xithar, FrostII and 8 others like this.
  7. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

This damage sponge bad boy ate 10k arrows of mine. Wish I could harvest at least 80% of his claws and some sharp teeth too.

Torrell likes this.
  8. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Does it have super high dodge?

9. Torrell

Torrell Avatar

It was 80% arrows by the end of that fight :eek:

FBohler and ConjurerDragon like this.
  10. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

An arrow hedgehog with 3 claws on it :D

Torrell likes this.
  11. FBohler

FBohler Avatar

Not sure, didn't check the combat log. I suspect it had high dodge, damage resistance and health regen. I remember using festering poison, gust and fireflies to mitigate its damage-spongeness.
    Not sure how high was its health pool too, as 60k should take me no more than 120 seconds to take down in normal conditions.

12. Xithar

Xithar Avatar

Wavebattle behind the caves: Does something trigger if the Lich is killed in the stone circle or is the Lich and what he might have the conclusion?
    In my first fight he un-spawned when he had ~1k left, but I was outside of the stonecircle.
    In my second fight I tried not to leave the stonecircle, but he did run away further and further when my pet & ring of fire hit him.
    When he got out of reach and I had to follow him again, but this time could kill him, but far from the circle, hence my question.

13. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

You have to be careful with stun. There's a moment when the stun wears off that the mob isn't targeting anyone and will go out of combat mode for a short time and regenerate. The more total health the target has, the more problematic this is as regeneration is a percentage of total health.

FBohler likes this.
  14. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Killing the lich concludes the wave battle (but in a few minutes, the wave will start again). I killed the lich many times, and never got a unique loot drop from it. However, killing the lich does "trigger" something:
    there is a tower near the wave battle area (i think a purple cystal is required to enter the tower). Inside the tower, there is a "force field" type barrier with a bookcase and a chest behind it. To deactivate the force field, you have to kill the lich, enter the tower quickly, and place a crystal in the socket next to the barrier (i dont remember which color crystal is required). Then, you can loot the chest behind the barrier. In my experience, the chest does not drop anything special. If you wait too long after killing the lich, the barrier won't open.
    I dont think it matters whether you kill the lich in the circle or not.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.