This handle is temporarily stuck.

Discussion in 'Quests & Lore' started by williamleara, Feb 14, 2024.

1. williamleara

williamleara Avatar

Hello!

In Verdantis Mines, there are ~4 rooms that have handles on their walls. If you hover over the handle, there is a popup "This handle is temporarily stuck".

I am assuming this is some kind of puzzle, but I've spent years of my life in Verdantis Mines, and I've never found a way to get these handles "unstuck".

Am I missing the solution here? Or is this a puzzle that never got implemented?

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

@Rinaldi
    i actually don't remember handles in verdantis mines.

3. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

Hi ya.
    These handles/levers are not a puzzle.
    In Verdantis Mines, there are several rooms with levers in the them, and they must be entered by unlocking a door/gate with a breakable key.
    As long as the door/gate is unlocked, the lever is "temporarily stuck", and the avatar can easily exit the room.
    However, if the avatar is inside the room when the door resets (i.e. the door closes and is re-locked) and if the avatar does not have another key to unlock the door from the inside, then the avatar gets locked inside the room.
    The lever opens the locked gate/door to the room in which it resides, but it only becomes usable (i.e. "unstuck") when the door/gate is locked.
    So, if the door/gate locks when the avatar is inside the room, the avatar can escape by pulling the lever and the gate/door opens!

You can test this by going in the room, waiting about 5 minutes for the gate to close and lock, and then pull the lever :)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2024