Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

This is a fine time to be starting a new control system...

Discussion in 'Release 29 Dev+' started by SmokerKGB, Apr 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Chris said it on the postmortem and I couldn't believe my ears, why at this stage?

OK, we have a tactile now, is that where to aim? It would seem there's a wide angle to the target, yes, I noticed the target is highlighted, but only shows it's health, when the angle is right and it shows when I'm in range too... Bravo, I like it, but why can't I move? I need to face the next target... Who is behind me, I can't pivot really fast now, I could pivot realy fast before...

This is crazy foreign to me, like driving on the left... I know how to drive, but not on the left...

-I think the mouse look sensitivity isn't working, as least not as fast as it did...
    -Camera bloom isn't working the same either, I walked into a building and the camera stayed outside, I had to go into 1st person to climb the latter... then I fell through the floor...
    -I think making us use the "W" to move is bothersome...
    -I think adding the "Ctrl" key to get a pointer is making it complicated, it always reverts after pressing "Z", so why not make that give you a pointer AND put you in combat, I could actually click my glyphs again, drag / drop them too...
    -You don't need the tactile for harvesting / looting, if there's a pointer, so I don't understand that part at all...

It's going to take me a lot of hours to master these controls (never played a game with this setup), and I don't understand, why change it now, so auto attack is just as cumber sum as free attack?

4/22/2016 12:48 AM
    Title:
    Reproduction Rate:
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8) System RAM: 32723
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 GPU RAM: 4026
    SotA.EarlyAccess.Win.64.346.Date.04.20.16
    Area: novia_r6_hills02_highvalevillage
    Loc: (-21.3, 50.5, 158.3)

PK U and Knightowld like this.
  2. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thank you for the feedback. We will send this to the team for review of this new system.

3. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

@Attenwood

I have other suggestions too, now that I've tried this new targeting system:

-Since the "T" & "Tab" are now open, I was thinking of using the "Tab" for both "Free Attack" & "Auto Attack" (or any mapped key), so that the Left mouse button could be freed for movements (still allowing the KB for movements, but not a requirement). Tab could be held to power up hits or To auto attack on/off (although I wish auto attack just started hitting what was in front of me after I was attack by whoever, would be nice, on 2nd thought maybe just holding tab to AA would do)... This would also be dependent on the box being checked or not for auto attack...

-Problem with the pointer use for combos, it stops auto attack (and I'm sure power ups too), but if the power ups were on "Tab" and auto attack was more auto, this would free up the pointer... For me, the pointer is used heavily on Looting / gathering / combos, so to have it also on the left mouse is cumber sum...

-What do you think about combining free attack with auto attack? If they were on the Tab key one could power up the 1st swing, and if continuing to hold the Tab, one could continue with auto attacks, until the Tab is released for another power up attack, again going into auto attack... This would combine the 2 functions on 1 key, and still keep the new tactile targeting (which I like, with the exception of movements)... As long as you release the Tab, you would continue to use power ups for attacks, only when holding the Tab, would you continue with auto attacks...

4. Selene

Selene Avatar

We have a feedback thread rolling over here : https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-camera-look-feedback.49166/

from there:
    Doesn't seem like there will be any changes to it until Monday evening's patch.. so might want to give it a try again then to see the newest iteration.

SmokerKGB likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.