This is not Shroud of the Avatar!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Admiralloyd, Jan 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boris Mondragon

Boris Mondragon Avatar

I assume you are also specced in swords and tactics and know what deck I am using as well as what armor to make that statement.

I am also sure if Chris wanted to know how several skills work and whether OP or not he can set the adv level and skill level to whatever he wants and ask any expert on what deck to use. Use that build/Deck and see how long it takes it to complete a pre-determined test location. It’s a matter of seeing it with his own eyes vs taking advice of others.

Gear and Deck are paramount but do not fully show the build and are to augment the efficacy of the build not to define it’s shortcomings or strenght.

Now and again assuming you are an expert swordsman then tell me what deck and armor would make a dual wield swordsman become instantly great. Thank you for your input.

R/Boris

2. OzzyOsbourne

OzzyOsbourne Avatar

I didnt mean to imply that your deck was horrible, but that Chris would make a horrible one.

Testing DPS is dependent on a lot of factors, including gear(masterworks) and deck. Most important of all is what certain classes are *typically* meant to be for. Fire being an AoE, slow burn DoT master, where as an ice mage should never be equal in DPS because of its ability to slow attack and movement, heal, douse, etc. Chris going about "equalizing" them all rather than pushing the classes to be experts in their field would just make the game boring and pointless in a deck system of which we arent excluding ourselves from when building a build (Spec isnt that big of a game changer for certain classes and you can still benefit from things in certain trees regardless of spec). If we are going to complain about fire dps or sword's lack, we need to consider that we are looking at it from an area of effect master standpoint and its "supposed" to be top dps.

You asked him to do your run of the rise.... but you are swords... you should be killing liches since they have 0 damage resistance, or using a full rend weapons and killing dragons. This is what I mean by gear and deck being crucial, not just to the class, but to the area.

I am fully in agreement that we should buff swords instead of nerfing fire IF and only IF a fully equipped fire mage is going to be compared on a ancient dragon AGAINST a full equipped REND TO THE MAX swords build +offhand and that the fire does more DPS in this situation. But it wont. Swords are fine. Fire is fine (except that double fireball ?proc?). There are other builds that do not have masterwork focuses that would need buffing before anything else if we are complaining about dps.

Sulaene Moon and Boris Mondragon like this.
  3. Dread1313

Dread1313 Avatar

I quit MMO's a few months ago because of the whole: "This is how I play and how I envision the game should be and so I will dictate to everyone how THEY should play and enjoy the game mentality, so in doing this - because everything seems easy to me, it MUST be easy for everyone else! Even though ive spent $1 million USD and spent 30 billion hours into this game, for some reason its too easy now so everyone needs to be nerfed including me because they also spent $1 million USD and spent 30 billion hours leveling and grinding too!" mentality.

I got tired of players dictating to me how I SHOULD play and enjoy a game and saying my class or my build should be nerfed because they are no-lifers and played incessantly and now they are top game and everything is suddenly easy everyone else needs to be nerfed. Regardless of everyone else having a life of their own, or a job, or a family, or lets face it just plain worse at the game. But no, lets just nerf everything and make it even worse on those folks. This is why the only game, and I mean - literally only game I play now is MINECRAFT. MMO's are dead to me now. It was a fun 20 year ride since 1999, but the industry as a whole has changed, the players' mentalities have changed, and the games have changed. If you want to have something to blame the death of MMO's on, its this. My question is to the folks in question here, if the game is so easy - rather than ruin everyone elses fun, why not go play Fortnite like everyone else who obviously is searching for a challenge? Or maybe even League of Legends? Or Escape from Tarkov - where you spend 10 mins gearing up for the next game and you get shot a couple times 20 seconds after entering the match and dead again and staring at a lobby screen for the next 5 minutes and then start the whole process all over again? If your time is so worthless to you why not go there?

People who have limited time to play - it makes no sense to nerf stuff to make it even a more grind-fest or make the game harder as a whole. That will just piss them off and they will quit or go find something else to play or get tired like me and just play Minecraft or Etch-A-Sketch.

From a monetary and sustainability dev point of view, I think they have to look at numbers and see the proponents and opponents of nerfing or not nerfing. Also in most games like this (with MTX) the whales usually have the final say also. Like someone elses avatar on here says, "Money gets sh*t done" I guess.

As to why I am making this post, or why I am here if I quit? The truth is, I took about a year or more off from this game because it simply didn't interest me any more/ My wife and I both had subs at $9/month and we decided after the first of the year (2020) we would end our subs. So I had to log in to do that, and while I was here I wanted to catch up on all the news ive missed to see if this game was worth playing again. Because, let's face it - I love MMO's and was looking for that light at the end of the tunnel. Guess I will continue to keep looking. I mean, why even play this or try to start again if I have to worry about nerfs before I can even get to the point that I could enjoy that kind of "power"? Only to have my build/class nerfed to where the game will even be more difficult as I remember it 1-2 years ago? Yeah, no thanks.
    Am I regretful we paid around $240+ for a game we likely will no longer play, if ever? Not really. It was a conscious choice we made and we supported a game we once played and helped to pay someone's salary or did our part to contribute to keeping the lights on, or the servers running. But I digress, it is what it is I suppose.

By the way, I am in no way trying to convince players to go play something else. It doesn't matter what I do or say, people will make up their own minds any way. But all the same - I wish everyone the best of luck. I'll keep an eye on this and >might< play again in the future, when I feel like I dont have to worry about nerfs, which has always been a bad taste in my mouth every game ive ever played since EverQuest 1 and Asheron's Call 1.

4. Necrothaftis

Necrothaftis Avatar

I would just like to explain why the direction we are going is so disappointing. We as players (in the main) need to play, enjoy, progress. This makes a good game. These basics are constantly eroded and sapped out of the game. The selection, building and gearing of an avatar is what drives the game. Deco is wonderful and fun for some as is RP and dance nights, and in no way am I not recognizing their importance, but the essence of the game is the "customization" of your avatar. To be able to have fun while progressing your avatar you need to be grinding acceptable exp. To see progress you need to explore what your avatar can do, the combinations of builds are more than enough and artifact and crafting add even more to specializing a build and play-style.
    To do this you need experience. Lots of Experience. Right now its fire tomorrow its water next year its blades -artis drop new builds become viable.

When one considers the exp required to go from 120-140 skill level across the board to 140-160 skill level the actual gains for exp spent are very small. Exp and its attainment isn't what is throwing the game out of balance. Its Artifacts with ridiculous Op stats. 2 vex wands 104 attunement = 1040 skill points. try finding those when your skills are already at 120 (zillion exp). By buying 2 vex wands I have circumvented billions of xp. Wow now Im years and years ahead xp wise because im level 140 across all skills as it is without wands but as far as attunment im 240 skill level across the board. i get and extra 104 level to each skill (10 in all). I would need 244 skill level in all skills in fire to have the same attunement without the wands . This is why i kill everything . ARTIFACTS not really exp.
    so How can less play, xp, fun and progress be the answer?. I'm dumbfounded.)

5. Necrothaftis

Necrothaftis Avatar

pls scrap attenuation and revisit artifacts - if someone can do it without dont nerf -applaud given them a title. its everyone else's responsibility to get to that level and do the same. reward not punish

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.