Thoughts on 4 years of playing and how things are going.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vulcanjedi, May 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vulcanjedi

vulcanjedi Bug Hunter

Greetings Avatars,

Saw an old memory popup about Play Shroud for free until the end of May 2017 which was when I loaded the game for the first time and started my adventure. Back then you started up in the isle of storms and I remember not even getting down to Solace Bridge until a couple hours later. When the trial was over I had made it to Solace Outskirts where I was kicking a sick guy out of his tent for a place to sleep when it was dark.

Then there was a second free event a year later and I got lost on the overland map and when I made it to Soltown I spent that time in a dungeon and was having a great time.

Flash forward to later in 2018 and I got a signed physical edition and finally loaded up the full game.

Spent a couple months trying to figure things out on my own then started watching streamers play the game and finally learned how to play. Finished the row deed, settled into a POT and started grinding for the Shroud.

A lot of those early quests were mostly running past enemies but got harder and harder until I was around lvl 55 and learned how to use a pet. Also grouped up a few times grinding xp and finally around level 80 I was finishing up the Shroud quest solo.

I don't ever recall looting more than 2 maybe 3 artifacts back then. Now even not counting dailies I get 2 or 3 every few hours. I have a low level alt I use for QA I have been playing for a couple days again and this level toon had an easy time jumping from 52 to 62. And looting artifacts in level 1-3 zones is pretty satisfying.

Levelling up Taming was a long haul before and now seems much harder. Since I just started I don't notice anything different with stats in combat but the skill gain rate needs adjusted. It feels like it's going to take forever to get this characters levels up where I will be able to solo the shroud.

As for my main character I have never noticed any difference after one of the devs balancing changes. My build is a mashup of a bunch of different heavy earth fire polearms with a pet. Only difference between now and 30 levels back when I finished the shroud was back then I used 2 handed sword.

I can't solo much above T12 but me and the pig can handle a single destroyer and that hasn't changed in the last couple of adjustments. Only noticeable difference is I seem to be healing pet more but destroyers getting killed faster. Loot from destroyers is still good just sometimes it's 4 or 5 without any good stuff then 1 or 2 with multiple artifacts.

I have gone back to work on some of the puzzle and treasure zones and have seen loot improvements all over even in the starter zones. And artifacts seem to drop everywhere. In my opinion this game is still awesome and pretty high on my list of daily games.

And the absolute best community among the devs and streamers and in game players. I can't wait to see all the new stuff coming.

Thanks for being there Avatars!
    vj

2. Violet Ronso

Violet Ronso Avatar

Yeah, this part is very true. Innates in the taming tree were supposed to be x4 xp cost skill, but were set to 1x, so instead of asking everyone to invest 4x more exp in their skills, they set the xp drain 4x slower... maybe this should not happen before GM, could be a slight fix to it!

As for the rest, very nice! Glad you are enjoying your time, seems to be as much as me, and I'm just loving it!

Keep it up, the worse is supposed to be behind us now!

3. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.