Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Thoughts on tamed animals.

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by Pleione, Aug 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

Been playing for a couple of days now with a tamed obsidian wolf.

I am curious what others think? My biggest concern is the consumption of whistles. I think its fair I need a new on if my wolf dies, or if I die, but one is currently required every time you change a zone. That gets tiresome given the number of zones we have (or when its pitch black out at night and you walk through the edge, or want to explore a cave or something).

Oh, a full report on my tamed animal observations is available on our POT's website (see my sig)

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  2. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

You have to have a new whistle to summon your pet every time you go into a new zone? If that's the way it works then. .honestly I can't think of anything worse than that. . . I can understand having to use the whistle each time you enter a zone. .but a different whistle each time? Am I misunderstanding?

mikeaw1101 likes this.
  3. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

Nope. You got it in one. If the pet disappears for ANY reason, you need to use a new whistle.

Two notes:

1) The whistle icon is broke - the little number displayed only goes up and does not reflect the number in your inventory.
    2) This is the first release of this functionality, I expect it to change.

4. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Okay, yeah that is not good. I'm sure it's just because of it being the first iteration of taming. I hope in future releases each whistle has a certain amount of uses before a new one must be used.

5. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

Suspect its mechanics now: use of the whistle consumes it during the spawning of the pet. Its currently not tied to the pet itself.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  6. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I just have one whistle, and it works over and over, but I do have to wait for the cool down each time. Is that what you mean? Are you saying that a new whistle bypasses the cool down timer?

7. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

Mine are getting consumed every time I call my pet. Or at least they were yesterday. Did something change with this mornings patch?

I'll verify here in a few minutes and post my results.

Update: OK, right now, they are not being consumed. The glyph does indicated it is suppose to consume one though. I can live with this!

margaritte likes this.
  8. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Like, gone from your inventory consumed, or just gone dark? When mine leaves because of a scene change or whatever, there's a yellow countdown timer up in my effects bar under my health, and when it runs down, the whistle on my bar lights up again. It sounds like a terrible bug that needs reporting, if you are going through whistles like that.

9. Pleione

Pleione Avatar

Gone as like none in my inventory yesterday. Today they are sticking around.

Maybe I'm just delusional... old age and all... I suppose its possible the ~9minute timer confused me, but I could have sworn I looked in my inventory.

margaritte likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.