Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Thoughts on the Availability of Gold (at launch)

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by Poor game design, Aug 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabriel Nightshadow

Gabriel Nightshadow Avatar

Clearly, I must be doing something wrong, as I end up spending most of my time trying to scrounge up enough money for arrows, repair kits, and reagents :( (Have not done much crafting lately except baking bark bread; most income currently comes from selling off loot from my slain foes :rolleyes:) The most gold I have ever had at one time in any release was 12,000 (very briefly...) :oops:

...and you can set your price at the public vendor as high as you want. That doesn't mean that someone will necessarily be willing (or able) to pay that amount. (In prior releases, I have seen many high end items remain listed until they expire after 7 days...o_O)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    cartodude likes this.
  2. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

Ditto... the only reason I have money in R20 is thanks to the player vendor and being able to sell off a bunch of pledge items... otherwise gold earned in game has been next to nothing.

Gabriel Nightshadow likes this.
  3. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Time for another plug for Ardoris :D

The innkeeper in the main square there is always happy to buy my bread.

4. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

No, or it wouldn't be listed.

If you see them listed at a public vendor, then people are NOT buying them at those prices. Especially those near the end of the 7-day period. Like the books titled "how to make 100K" (and the only line in them says "sell this book to a fool").

I could put a piece of Maple Wood on sale for 1M. It doesn't make me instantly ruin the economy, nor create money, nor inflate anything. It'll just sit there, idle, for seven days.

5. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

it has occured to me that the public vendors may be being used for storage, accessible goods and supplies at any crafting pavilion or any where else there's a public vendor. All you need do is severely over price it so no one buys it ......

6. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

Hasn't anyone noticed that when you place an item on the public vendor and list it higher than suggested, that they add a 10% charge (in addition to what they would normally charge as a selling fee) and take that right NOW, so if a person places something for 1 mil, they're charged a fee of 10k, if the item doesn't sell or they take the item back, they don't get that fee returned... If the item doesn't sell, then they get the the suggested price returned, as the item is sold to the merchant and he won't pay any more...

So why would anyone pay that just for storage? or be dumb enough to overprice their items in such a gross manner... Unless they have a ton of gold they don't care about...

7. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I was unaware of the additional charge ...,.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.