Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Thoughts on this release...

Discussion in 'Release 27 Feedback Forum' started by Skyo, Feb 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noric

Noric Avatar

Did mobs get any aspect of Parry added? I'm assuming that could impact it..

(I seem to be doing a lot less damage now too)

2. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

[​IMG]

I don't know, I obviously doubt it but, maybe this bug has something to do with the damage being off. The "v" menu is totally jacked. I have over 100 attunement in fire magic, the stats are off for the aligned noted skills and the bottom does not even have values.

3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Bug report it ??? could be another integer thingy for 100+ :-(

4. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

Yeah pvp is the same. I was vertually unbeatable last release against folks of my own adventure level in pvp. Now I dueled my buddy he is level 66 as a caster im adv level 78 and he wipes the floor with me. My root only lasts 3 seconds on him and he has 34 str.....

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  5. agra

agra Avatar

If they had fixed the problem with the CC immunity stacks, they wouldn't have needed to futz with root at all. :(

6. Noric

Noric Avatar

I think this is just a visual bug from changing the name of the metic stat in v. Now it takes up 2 lines per metic.

7. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

In your example, notice how the first stat is TWO lines tall ("Foraging Meticulous Collection Chance") but the value is just one line, and the next line aligns with "Chance"?

We noticed it when translating strings: if a string is too long, it overflows on the next line, but the values are always one per line.

So you end up offsetting stats and values more and more, until you have them all off in the end.
    ___

On the subject of damage nerfing: bow with auto attack is a joke right now. I may as well play only with Aimed Shots, because my base attack is doing ludicrous amount of damage, mitigated in every conceivable way then some more.

Not to mention misses, which grew (log tested) as much as 3x compared to R26.

Stahlknecht likes this.
  8. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

We saw that too late to get it in the Friday patch. Hopefully it will be in the Monday morning patch.

9. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

Can't wait for a Monday morning damage patch!

10. Mysticvermin

Mysticvermin Avatar

Unfortunately I think he was referring to the Character Stats display issue. Did you try the Jedi mind trick on him? "This is not the damage recalculation that you were looking for."

niteowl57, Chris and Skyo like this.
  11. Gamician

Gamician Avatar

12. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Weins took the words right out of my mouth.
    Trying to balance this game for the SERIOUS MINORITY, at the expense of dev time for the MAJORITY, is really pathetic... IMO :mad:

13. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

OMG someone said PvP ... get your pitchforks!

LadyGray, Leelu and Mordakai like this.
  14. Noric

Noric Avatar

I would argue that PVP highlights underlying game flaws pretty well. Balancing for PVP can help tune the game in general. I'm willing to bet monster crits are tied to the same stuff and they seemed a bit excessive before.

Rampage202 and Moonshadow like this.
  15. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

Yeah seriously I used pvp for one example, the same is happening in pve. Put your pitchforks away. The feedback is aligned with the overall combat system taken into account.

@Chris and the dev team are uber smart and it will be addressed. I happen to know that these guys play with players frequently to make sure the game is what they intended.

I'm not worried a bit, everyone's feedback is important and I have been shown already how much feedback can make a difference in this great game.

Am I disappointed in one aspect of this release.. Yes. That's OK because I know this killer dev team takes feedback and runs it down!

Don't get derailed on a pvp example, the pve in this case is just as bad.

Moonshadow, Sara Dreygon and Noric like this.
  16. Beli

Beli Avatar

My Thoughts on this release. Bugs Bugs Bugs, bugs everywhere from A to Z. Hasnt been a productive weekend on testing from them all. Lets hope we get off to a good start Monday when the bug exterminators arrive at work.

Mordakai and Skyo like this.
  17. Shield

Shield Avatar

That's not the net effect of balancing PvE for PvP.

The net effect is a vicious circle where the flavor of the month PvP build has its abilities nerfed. Then people ***** about the next strongest class and that gets nerfed. Then people ***** about the next strongest set and that gets nerfed.

Once this starts it never ends. More and more folk get fed up and leave the game. It's happened time and again in other MMOs and ruined them where developers take logic from PvP combat and use it to nerf PvE abilities.

If someone fights twenty people and in one of those fights a one in a million hit happens and takes 50% life in one go the player getting hit screenshots it and brings it to the forum. If the same skill set is taken to PvE and the guy takes 50% life off a mob once every couple of days who cares ?

The fact is PvP is very different from PvE. The type of abilities, DPS and healing that are effective in PvP are not what you want to be doing in PvE. The two have to be treated as separate and balanced separately.

18. Skyo

Skyo Avatar

What time do we patch today?

19. Noric

Noric Avatar

Healing differs that much from one to the other?

Anyway, flavor of the month nerfing can be a issue but it just isn't right to categorize all balancing that way. Crits were nerfed among every group (even healers have crit chance) and it impacted incoming damage from monsters as well. That is not a "x build is OP" situation but rather the fact that the developers thought everything was doing a little too much damage.

I'd even argue that the melee damage nerfs can't have been too heavily influenced by PvP because air magic seemed pretty dominant last I knew.

20. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

That's why i suggested this" Exactly ..... unless they do it right, LoTR did it right .... when you clicked on a skill for example, it said Bow dmg. 50-65 (PVP 30-55) for example , of course it had more skills with it, .... it worked out great .... so you don't get nerfed for PVE or PVP . they did this to all the skills. So when i was not in PVP zone or flagged for it, my skills reverted to the PVE skill stats ... So it can be done .... in RESPONSE TO Magosa IN THIS POST.

It would definitely solve the problem, so balancing PVP would not effect PVE and visa versa ...... I HAVE NO IDEA WHY THEY DON'T DO THIS, UNLESS MAYBE THEY THINK IT WOULD TAKE TOO MUCH EFFORT TO REPROGRAM. It may take a lot of work to implement this, but what they are doing now is wrecking the game. Weakening skills to satisfy the complaints is making PVE play more difficult and people are going to quit the game because it is not worth the frustration. IMO

agra likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.