Thread locking and deleting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by reuge, Apr 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

I'm only answering because you directly asked me a question.

It's not about an orchestrated attack on Portalarium, It's all about genuine frustration, disappointment, and disgust in the way we've been treated and the state of the game. But most importantly, the total lack of serious answers given to our complaints.

This isn't some coordinated action, unlike the group of people who banded together to silence all critics in the forums, this is the aggregate result of portalarium's management of their customers wants/needs. Business is very simple, you piss off your customers, they leave. You aren't the only vendor in town. This isn't North Korea where you are told what to think and say. But it's getting close.

Don't ask me any more questions plz. I'm done here.

2. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

A destructive end goal?

For me, whatever I post in the forums, be it negative or positive, provides an insight into what I feel about the current state of the game or meta outside of the game in terms of development and short term goals. Destruction is the least on my mind.

I care about why I do not log into the game I used to log on much more often, and the factors that influence my thinking. A lack of a detailed post from the devs about why there is no concrete eta on game launch and information on the final 20% "drastic" change to get the game firing up irks me. I like to know what is changing so that I can prepare my character for it, or if the future is worth grinding for.

discipleofweb, Kaisa, Tracker and 9 others like this.
  3. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I find that disingenuous. I'll say it again, I loved Vallos video but if you dont think that should have been moderated then I'm just saying, you are suspect.

Add to that this propaganda and rhetoric.... suspect.

Would love to see what you posted that got deleted. I'd bet I would agree that it should be moderated and I would bet you think so to... but then that being destructive thing comes to play.

4. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

Maybe not now you have taken charge. But I seriously doubt the people here who spent <$100 can consistently hurl abuse at other users and call them a C--- and not get banned for it. Like other individuals who are still around.

5. reuge

reuge Avatar

I really hope we don't get labeled as terrorist. If you trying to code for the developers, this is the wrong thread to post in.

Ice Queen, K1000 and Pikegirl like this.
  6. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

I'm not saying his video shouldn't have been moderated, and if I was a mod, I would have moderated my own posts :p.
    Do you think Vallo or anyone acted/spoke that way on their first complaint, fifth complaint, or 100th complaint?

What I'm saying is, this is where we are at now. We didn't start off yelling and screaming, or leaving the game. This is what it has progressed to due to Portalarium's method of dealing with constructive criticism. We were told that we would be part of the development. What they forgot to tell us was, only if what we wanted/liked was the same as what Portalarium wanted/liked.

And by the way, we would probably be 'launched' now if they hadn't gotten side tracked on PoTs, Rental Rooms, Store products, and the whole list of other things that weren't in kickstarter but have pushed things that were so far back into development that we are constantly in a state of 'development' *cough (fundraising). How about this, you presented an idea that tens and tens of thousands of people liked enough to back with cold hard cash. How about just deliver what you promised, and that way you don't lose 2/3 of them in the process.

7. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

I agree with what you're seeing. It's all natural in our RL commercial and business world where spending power and big customers get priority though.

For a game that's in development, I'm not sure about that and what it does to general morale and confidence.

MrBlight likes this.
  8. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Lets look at the next thing. The DoD manifesto that was posted. If people dont know, it contained an image that is considered anti-semetic. Now, when it was posted, most people were actually complaining about why it wasn't moderated and in fact it wasn't. What happened is a few members of these forums got a big private convo going with 50 of the highest posters here to discuss it. For my part, I will tell you that it didn't bother me and I stepped out of the conversation. But in the end, they were the ones petitioning Port to get that off the forums and Port didn't for a long long time. So Port didn't drive that, the player base did. Now you attack the dev's. In the end, did they do the wrong thing taking down a potentially anti-semetic posting?

9. reuge

reuge Avatar

This is not an attack. We agree and abide by the forum rules and agree with any moderator judgement call. However, this is a discussion on ways to improve moderation to ensure that players feel that they are justly treated. We would kindly appreciate if you have any constructive suggestion, please tell us.

Grumpy likes this.
  10. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Thirdly, they are in general extremely negative attacks on the game in these forums and then repeating the same material in different posts that also get moderated. Am I surprised at that? No I am not.

If I was the owner of a small game company with 30 people and their families to feed, keep food on the table... peoples lives... I would have also moderated the hell out of those posted.... even way more then Port does. They know what they are doing when they post that stuff and they know they can freely go to redit and post that with no repercussions. Yet, they continue to do so here.

To equate these kinds of moderation's with a suggestion that they are moderating just any mild negative comments are silly.

If that were the case, I would be moderated all the time, Im harder then anyone on them, especially things that trigger me (when the hell are they gonna fix bludge?)

90% of the stuff posted on these forums are negative and none of it is moderated.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  11. Autumn Willow

Autumn Willow Avatar

I abide by the rules. But don't necessarily agree with all the implementation of them. Heh. that's what we're here discussing the issue of moderation.

@2112Starman The thread that made me comment was actually the locking of @Canterbury 's post rather than the DoD moderations. I don't think we should conflate the two. [removed remark about another player - Berek] Moderation needs to happen. Otherwise we'd have drunk people abusing other players and developers every weekend. I do hope that the mods can be more discerning in their decisions.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2017
    2112Starman likes this.
  12. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

The moderators do a fine job here. Been modded a few times. Mild infractions on occasion. Typical too blunt for some people's taste.

My posting style is, at first, more of a prod in a general direction in hopes that my position on a topic will come up during the thought process. If it does then a conversation flows. If it does not then I add a comment elaborating my position. Or at least one perspective.

Problem is if I even remotely come off as an opposition to the topic the defense is mounted. I didn't validate the topic therefore I am the enemy.

There is no discussion here. We as forum posters don't want to converse we want to enlighten everyone on how things should be.

The forums have become ridged and unreceptive to the back and forth banter of topics.

Which goes in direct stride with the direction of the game. The forum feedback is irrelevant.

Bluntly put (the way I prefer it) threads are not started for discussion. Instead, threads are for telling the forums how the OP wants things. Major topics go on too long without dev participation which weakens the hope that a discussion will be helpful.

There is one thread that out right shocked me. A prime example of what this community needs. More threads like it would greatly change the tone here.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-is-the-pvp.86071/

In this thread Vas Corp Por maintains a great banter and I guarantee that threads like this boost morale.

Agree or disagree but I've moved on because I know there is no convention desired here. We are simply waiting for things to finalize.

This is where forum moderation kicks into high gear to keep the toxic levels down.

13. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

[removed remarks about another set of players - Berek]

Oh ya, I think some of my post in this thread have hit that mark where I will get moderated and the thread probably closed, but I recognize that. Im gonna have the thread closed for speaking up for the devs in a blunt way. Even positive messages get moderated, not the first for me.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2017
  14. reuge

reuge Avatar

Please don't mislead others here. This thread is not about vallo. I felt he is just asking for it. If you read thoughts on that which has been deleted together.

I guess you really do not have any constructive input to this thread. Well further discussion with you may result in this thread getting lock as we are digressing.

I am sorry I have to refrain from further discussion with you.

Ice Queen, Vagabond Sam and Grumpy like this.
  15. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

again, I pretty much love everything Vallo does (Chris actually really ticked me off with his comments). But it still doesn't change that fact that it was right for Port to moderate them.

They deleted one of my posts where I said that I though he should be sidelined (aka off camera) for a while to cool off the base.

discipleofweb and jammaplaya like this.
  16. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

So let me ask you 3 questions:

1) Those '30' people who mostly came 'after' the majority of the backers signed up (who are the ones that actually pay their salary, not Portalarium) are more important than the people who actually pay the bills? Wouldn't it make more sense to man up and handle the criticism in a way that keeps all of those dollars coming in? So you would rather feed them for a few months than for 20 years?

2) If they told you that bludgeon was working as intended and you just need to love it for what it is? you would be fine with it?

3) If 90% of the stuff posted on the forums is negative, what does that tell you about the customer satisfaction with the product?

And just so you will know, and you better read it fast unless Berek has gone to bed already, the parts of my previous post that got 'cleaned' up were:

1) Where I quoted berek about people who got posts deleted always got messages and stated that I hadn't received any messages when mine were deleted in just the past 2 weeks (although he made sure I got a PM about him 'cleaning up my post'
    and the other part was;
    2) at the end of my post i said, Thread deletion in 3......2.......1...... Boom!

Really bad stuff right?

17. A'chelata

A'chelata Avatar

So you are saying, all these people signed up, paid money, just for 'no other purpose then to rip down the game'?

Cordelayne likes this.
  18. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Thread would be rants and flames so fast. BZING! off ye go!

It's this weeks 'let's take cheap shots at Berek.. again' thread. Appalling behavior.

Tsk Tsk!

19. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

That's all? Notifications of deletion and fluff post deletions? I might have to start posting again. This place has gone soft!

20. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I can see why you would say that to justify their behavior... but they still have the behavior.

Ive actually been moderated from being *positive* about the game but *blunt*. Berek on one delete said "thanks for sticking up for us, but dont use personal attacks"... bah...leted....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.