Time machines screwing up day schedule after you leave town?

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Elwyn, Sep 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I noticed today that the rift in Etceter was off by half an hour or so. Then I just noticed that it was about 15 minutes off. I also noticed that at the top of the earth hour, the sun was bright in the sky when it should have been midnight.

Then I remembered the time when I was "helping" to test them out by being shown one, then wandering off. This is exactly what happened then. It also didn't affect the time of day for harvesting black pearls, that's still at the top of the earth hour. I had been going through a bunch of towns to try the vendor price thingy, so I must have stumbled through some with a time machine.

Has anyone else had a problem with the sun being at the wrong time of day?

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I have heard some things that lead me to believe that there are other "(broken) Time Machines", other than those I still have, but I have my own broken time machines placed in POTs that haven't had their entrances found. Those POTs are named "Daylight & Midnight", which have nothing much in them at all other than some concept deco untill the new machines arrive.

There's not a single vender in either of those POTs, so you must have stumbled into a POT that is not as precautionary as my own. The ones I have are in extremely obvious locations at the POT's only entrance.

Logging out and back in again should reset your timeline back to normal if it were a (broken) time machine.

Yep, a broken time machine still effects your timeline after you leave the POT where it's placed, but I haven't heard of who has those other than myself.
    ~Time Lord~

3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I saw a mention that they were being made available to more POT owners a few weeks ago, but I went through so many that I have no idea which ones might have had one. I didn't even notice until I went by the Etceter rift and it was way off. Logging out of course fixed it. At least I had already been through all that and understood how things broke, otherwise I would have suspected a very weird bug.

The crazy part is that this means you can be in the same scene with someone on normal time, and if both of you go through the same lunar rift at the same time, you will end up in different places! It does rather sound like a typical sci-fi plot, doesn't it?

Mostly I wanted to hear what other people have experienced before making a bug report.

FrostII and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.