time to add localized areas on forum

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gatsu., Jan 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

2. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

If you mean towards when they do language specific translations for the game, I could see it for helping to debug the translation process.

If it's for separate discussion boards, I think it would add a lot more moderation work to the team to have to try and keep up with to be productive, imo.

Cordelayne likes this.
  3. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

We already have an area for our localization peeps to collaborate. As for language specific general discussion boards, we do not currently have the ability to properly moderate such an area. And, as the main function of the SotA Forums at this time is for the team and the community to collaborate about Shroud's development, posts in a language the Dev team can't read don't support that goal.

So... not a priority at this time and more of something we'll look into as we approach launch.

Katrina Bekers and Kara Brae like this.
  4. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

@FireLotus Can we ask: when they do start the process for other languages (Chinese, Japanese, etc), you'll be doing another heads-up post or are we suppose to sign-up already at the localization site?

5. FireLotus

FireLotus Royal Bard & Master Dabbler Dev Emeritus

Yup, when we add additional languages, there will likely be both a forum post and an article in the Weekly Update. :)

Gatsu., Katrina Bekers and 4EverLost like this.
  6. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I'd love language specific general discussion forums. It would also help tremendously with translations, as a connecting point between tranlators team and general non-english-speaking players.

R26 will likely see a TON of translated content coming online, and a feedback channel players ==> translators will be highly desirable.

But, as they would be basically no-moderation areas, I understand they can become nasty pretty quickly, and quite low in the priority list.

Too bad.

4EverLost likes this.
  7. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Google Translate? Or consider migrating forums to site with functionality like shivt forums have (can toggle languages and it takes a shot at autotranslating (not perfectly).

8. Gatsu.

Gatsu. Avatar

or add localized FORUM moderators, this can be usefull to MODERATE users/pets/books names/contents on GAME...

9. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

I dont think that so. I set up a public localisazion forum and a hidden localisation forum for the german translators.
    No moderating was needed, so far. :)

4EverLost likes this.
  10. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

Well, you're a private, not a company. Even if you need moderation one day, you could just close the forum and who cares.

A company, with a TOS to enforce (or face some nasty legal issues), and a standard to upkeep, has different needs than me or you.

I understand the need for a dedicated forum, when the team is 13 people. We're just in 4, and one thread in the official, hidden translators forum is enough! :D

4EverLost likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.