Tip: Zone vendor listing, loading time

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Lilith Ayin, Nov 11, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isabel Ayin

Isabel Ayin Avatar

When we enter a town where there are many vendors, like the ones around Brittany, we have to wait a while until the screen loads with all the objects for sale.

What if the screen opens blank and the objects for sale appear when we select a category or when we type its name in the form field? That would help reduce vendor list loading times even if the search was global.

On the other hand, it would also help if the equipment did not appear in the "Decoration" category. When we look for decoration, I think most of us are not looking for equipment, we are looking for decoration in the strict sense, and we all know that most equipment can be used as decoration so it would not be harmful to remove it from this category.

FrostII and Adam Crow like this.
  2. Aurelius Silverson

Aurelius Silverson Avatar

I was thinking something similar about the blank screen first, but I suspect the way it works is the whole town vendor database goes to our computers so any sorting, filtering and such is done on our systems rather than the game server having to do the calculations each time we do any tweaks our search terms, and it only needs transfer data to us once (until we do another search, of course)..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.