Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

To enter the Crypt you have to go thru a PvP Area?

Discussion in 'Release 30 Bug Forum' started by Weins201, Jun 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

The entrance to the crypt is in a PvP zone. This is a Story Line Quest Place and once inside you are put in SPO.

So should a Quest SPO are have it's only entrance in a PvP place?

2. Wintermute of CoF

Wintermute of CoF Avatar

Isn't there also supposed to be an entrance from the underground network?

Edit: This is what I was referring to:

"The ancient Crypt of the Avatar, as found by Aren and Syenna in “Blade of the Avatar,” is open for exploration by those who have fought their way through the halls of Necropolis."

I assumed that the halls of Necropolis are an underground scene starting in the Necropolis, could be mistaken of course.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  3. niteowl57

niteowl57 Avatar

No, it should not. A story-line quest entrance should be accessible to non-PvP players without having to enter a PvP zone first.

I saw that information, too, so I have wandered everywhere in Necropolis that I could find, looking for the entrance to the Crypt of the Avatar. Alas, I failed to find it and finally gave up.
    Since I have yet to see the Crypt of the Avatar, I would very much appreciate some tips for finding the entrance via the halls of Necropolis.

4. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

there is no entrance from the necropolis. what is made available at midras if you've done the necropolis is the quest parts of the scene, but you can still enter without doing that. it's just that doing so won't have you meeting new people to talk to.

5. niteowl57

niteowl57 Avatar

I see, so the comment was a bit misleading, and there is not actually an entrance from the Necropolis. I just went to Midras Ruins and clicked "Enter", but I get a warning message that I'd be entering a PvP zone. I don't conscent to PvP, so I clicked on "Nevermind". Nothing happened; it leaves me on the world map. The end result is that I can't get to the Crypt. I do appreciate knowing I can stop looking for a way to it though; I'll just add it to my list of areas I stay out of. Thank you for the information!

6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Submitting for review. Thank you for reporting.

7. Lazarus Long

Lazarus Long Avatar

They covered this in the postmortem perhaps you should go back and watch and see what they had to say :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.