Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

(too) huge variance in crafting xp gain

Discussion in 'Release 55 Feedback' started by dayero, Jun 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dayero

dayero Avatar

Hi,

This is (probably) not specific to this release, but I just noticed it and it's intensified by double xp so I though this might be the right forum:

I just used the opportunity of the double xp weekend to get the first time crafting bonus on all the cooking items. I missed a few crafts due to lack of incredients - ducks and other meat stuffs - but got like maybe 80-90% of the list done. I tried to do at least 2 craftings on everything. It went very well with quite a few exceptional crafts and it netted me an amazing 500k xp :)

So I thought, hey lets do this with the other noob char too... yeah...
    Long story short, I crafted pretty much the same, even a little more of the high xp recipes and ended up with zero or close to zero exceptional first crafts and 200-250k xp.

All the variables were pretty much the same, 60 cooking skill, + 5 crafting station, +5 shrine buff.
    Only differences: The unlucky char also had a +5 from ring of jones. The unlucky char also had ~7 higher producer level and 200k more pooled xp before cooking started, which probably doesnt matter at all.

Honestly, I find the variance in this way too high. This is not one single craft that nets the xp, but idk 20-30 relevant first crafts (20-50k if exceptional) and a lot of smaller ones (2-10k)
    This should even out more, otherwise it's too much of a lottery. I mean the 250k difference is basically 500 level nodes the unlucky char has to do extra, and that was just cooking ffs :eek::eek:

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

@dayero
    The more times you make the same item, the less XP you get each time, until you hit the minimum. Also, an exceptional will give you a lot more XP, and the chance is probably based on the difference in level between your skill and the level of the craft.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.