Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Too many Fishies, and not much to do with them. butchering Black trout shouled be special . . .

Discussion in 'Release 61 Feedback' started by Weins201, Jan 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

They are starting to pile up.

Lava ones are just insane - 1062 Anomalocaris and well over 300 Ammonite, an no I still have not caught a Rare.

Also Turing Black and brook trout into plain trout, just like bas is an even larger waste,

LARGE small tags also are still not retained and even become lost with similar lengths.

Plea give a way to use the fish more wisley than just Black trout = trout, Peacock bass = bass, . . . .

and the Lava fish need processing completed soon.

2. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

I generally agree.

At the very least, they could provide like 3x as much meat or something (when butchered). Or perhaps some decent chance at a sellable loot like a "rare fisheye" that a barkeep might purchase for a soup (like a "Black Cutworm"). Perhaps rare fish have pigments and when theyre butchered, you get a high chance of a free red, dark grey, blue, etc dye. Maybe it just produces some crafting ingredient that isnt useable now, but might be when systems are expanded in a tbd future episode (i.e., "Black Cutworm"-like ingredients like fish liver (alchemy? cooking?), fish oil, special fish collar meat that makes a tier IV cooking dish, rare fish bone powder, etc.

I think there are a lot of ways to make the rare fish feel "special" when butchered that wont have much of a perturbance on the economy.

3. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Yeah, I think this is one that not a lot of thought went into. Its gotten to point where I'm just vendoring the common fish, which you end up with hundreds of for every fish you get that you can do something with. The Uncommon fish should have special dishes, and the rare fish, honestly, I wouldn't have added a food option to. They are far too rare to be worth chopping up to eat. Unless the number of fillets was drastically increased.

As an answer to the "lack of int food" - this is not a solution. It takes longer to catch one of these fish than the food lasts for! Sometimes DAYS longer!! This is stupid.

The entire cooking component of fishing just feels like 'more recipes nobody will ever bother to make'.
    Now, consider beefing up the effects of the common fish recipes but making them require 10x as many fish ...and you may have something.
    +1 attunement is a joke. Nobody eats this. +5 or +10...but it takes 10 fish to make instead of 1...maybe more useful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.