Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Took 14 seconds to open up crafting station

Discussion in 'Release 25 Bug Forum' started by Iforgot, Dec 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iforgot

Iforgot Avatar

12/17/2015 11:54 AM
    Title: I dont know if it is because I am 475 pounds over weight, or the sheer amount of items I have loading in the crafting station UI, but it cut to the weird camera angle it does and then it just hung for 8-14 seconds, has to be because I have 462 crystal frags 239 shards, then copper ore granite
    Reproduction Rate: load up with over 1k items and hit a crafting station, after the station had loaded the items I had no problem with it loading up with all my items, I feel a slow computer would probably crash with that many items, but really its 2016 upgrade....
    Blocker?
    Details:
    Steps to Reproduce:
    User Specs:
    CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8) System RAM: 12280
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 GPU RAM: 4008
    SotA.PreAlpha.Win.64.360.Date.12.17.15
    Area: OwlsNest
    Loc: (-50.5, -5.0, 32.4)

Leostemplar and mercster like this.
  2. Dameron

Dameron Portalarian Emeritus

Opening your recipe book at a crafting station causes notable hitching [Bug Entered]
    Moving thread to the performance section of the bug forum.

As always, thanks for writing in!

Fister Magee likes this.
  3. Iforgot

Iforgot Avatar

:D You make me smile @Attenwood you never made me smile until I made bugs that baffled you :(

4. mercster

mercster Avatar

I noticed this too, lots of lag at the crafting stations. I also noticed that while crafting, it is easy to see the UI get "slow"...the tooltips you get when you hover over items draws in slowly as you switch from item to item...this might be a separate bug, I'm not sure.

EDIT: This was in Ardoris, which is about 7fps slower on average in R25 so far.

5. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

This cuts to the bone. T_T

6. Keyman

Keyman Avatar

In single player mode, lag while crafting is making it WAYYY too tedious to bother with crafting. Mouse clicks go unnoticed on recipe book resulting in many many mouseclicks being made without the recipe being recognized. Lag also apparent when dealing with town vendors, making it difficult to do business.

7. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Low FPS is a general problem with UI responsiveness, and the frame rate drop in crafting makes it worse. At least in R24 I could fool it into putting me into crafting mode without the view changing because of a bug workaround that had been made. (The best way was to stand on a basement hatch!)

Could we please have an option that disables the closeup view change in crafting, like the one for NPC conversations?

And to make it worse, I finally realized that the FPS display in /debug is a liar. At one point when I was clearly getting about 2-3fps, it said something like 7fps.

8. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Anyone ever been fighting some mobs, and accidentally hit 'B' or 'J'?? Total pause of the game while the interface opens, and the mobs are hitting you while you are 'stuck'... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.