1. Threads will remain in the main wishlist section while being discussed. After being reviewed by the Devs for initial feasibility, and depending on thread activity, the thread may be moved into one of the two subsections
    How to post your idea:
    Create a thread with a clear title that describes what the idea is about. Only one idea per thread!
    Please specify either in the title of the thread (if there is space) or at the very top of your post, what type of idea it is, For example: Housing (Houses, Lots, etc)
    Example title: Housing: Epic Keep and Castle Size Homes other than Pirate Ships
    Be sure to include details about your idea. Devs, and or players may reply to your thread asking additional questions, so please be willing to provide more details.
    Please see the sticky thread marked **READ FIRST** for more details...

Tool Crafting (Tinker)

Discussion in 'Wishlist Requests' started by Sephald, Feb 1, 2020.

?

Anyone interested in Tinker or Tool Crafting?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sephald

Sephald Avatar

I would like to see a new skill for tool crafting, which include tool repair kit and masterworks. There ought to be recipes using different elements which yields special abilities to the tools. Example:

Meteoric Iron increases duration and strength of tool.
    Gold returns extra bonus on resources.

Wood type would have special bonus.
    Gem socketed tools can also provide special bonus.

Adding Tool Crafting would enhance SOTA experience a lot, especially for advanced players. With mining and foraging, perhaps fishing or other gathering skills, some resources seem to take a long time to obtain. For example, nickel is really difficult to mine and needed for constantan and meteoric ingots. If we can craft a pickax, such as a sorcery white iron pickax with crimson pine handle, I would receive an additional percent return on nickel.

In Ultima Online, the Tinker Skill was the trade for creating specialty tools. I hope someday SOTA will have this feature as well.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    Warius likes this.
  2. Sephald

Sephald Avatar

I sure would like to craft a smith hammer that can improve my chances for obtaining exceptional items, or increase chances for masterwork success.

3. Toular

Toular Avatar

Such a thing already exists:
    http://sotawiki.net/sota/Tool_Engraving_Kit_-_Heavy_Iron

True, it's only 3%, but every % adds up.

Alley Oop likes this.
  4. Sephald

Sephald Avatar

Definitely can do better with more options. 3% is small, even prosperity tools have it. Still doesn’t help with mining more nickel. Perhaps SOTA can provide more options for tool engraving kits just like crafting master works. Example, use 3 kits to compound 3 possible successive 3%s up to a max of 9%. Decrease the probability of success with each attempt on same tool, and decrease its duration just like weapons and armor. Just food for thought. Anything to make crafting and resource gathering more fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.