Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Tournament Feedback

Discussion in 'Release 13 Feedback' started by Violation Clauth, Jan 11, 2015.

?

Did you come to the event? If so...

Poll closed Jan 25, 2015.
  1. I was able to follow it easily via Avatars Radio

43.8%
  2. I was able to follow it easily via Text Chat

31.3%
  3. I was able to follow it easily due to previous Vengeance Tournament experience

31.3%
  4. I had a hard time following via Avatars Radio

18.8%
  5. I had a hard time following via Text Chat

50.0%
  6. I had a hard time following due to changing too much from previous tournies

6.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMadHermit

TheMadHermit Avatar

There is another great conversation about integrated VoIP going on over here.

My thoughts and requirements for an integrated voice chat system after reading both threads:

+ We need integrated voice chat that works like DayZ where players can talk to others who are in range. This allows for players to communicate with random strangers they encounter in an ad-hoc manner without the need to coordinate outside the game. Sounds like it would be perfect for the types of social events that Violation and others are holding.
    + Voice chat should be a user customizable option that can be enableable/diableable on an individual basis. This way you can control whether you want to hear and/or participate in voice coms.
    + If a user is enables this feature, his/her nametag changes color to indicate that they can and will hear you if you talk (this way you know why someone might not be answering you).
    + Private voice chat rooms should be created in order for people to be able to speak to their party or guild members.
    + The Private voice chat feature should be independent of the global chat system and can be enabled/disabled alone or used in concert with it.
    + Players should be able to mute other players so they don't hear them in voice chat. This is to prevent audio spam.
    + A shift modifier that allows amplification of a players voice and attenuation of others in an area to facilitate a master of ceremony in auctions/plays/tournaments, etc.

If you have ideas or additional requirements add them to the list.

Net, Filthy Peasant and Tahru like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

When testing earlier I have found that if I use the Avatars Radio website the delay is much shorter than what I hear over the aether. But I'm in CET so that could be part of it.
    I did not do a similar test for this tournament (mostly because I was a contestant).
    I could easily set up such a test tonight.

At the tournament there were some far apart aether amplifiers, and lots of people talked about getting an echo in chat.
    I didn't test this as I have the habit of turning off amplifiers before moving away from them... So I would only have one going at a time.
    But that should also be easy to setup as a test.

3. Lord Lonn

Lord Lonn Avatar

In my experience;
    1) I have been to a few of the OoV Tournies have not been involved however I thought that the arena was a tad too big made it difficult to see a lot of the action.
    2) It was really nice to have the Avatar Radio naration only it was delayed about 10-15 seconds... still was a great addition
    3) I set up my chat window to follow individual tabs so I could better follow different chats with the filters in game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.